NBA finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Vuflanovsky
I think many if not most would be be surprised if Golden State comes back at this point for more than a game...it's not there.

With GS moving to the Chase Center in SF next year...a venue that has poorer access and costs more to attend, it may end up signaling the end of an era for fans but not the franchise. The only thing I'm surprised by is that they're apparently not going to change the name back to the San Francisco Warriors. Considering the Chase complex cost as much to build as AT&T Stadium in Dallas, it'll be interesting to see just how "remote" Oracle felt by the end of next season if it impacts the regular fans. I don't know...Idiot techie billionaires shoving millionaires might be a good representation of the future there...

I still remember the SF Warriors playing in the Cow Palace. Wilt Chamberlain at center.

I'm surprised the Cow Palace is still there. San Francisco hasn't been a cow town for a long time but you still have to watch your step walking through there.

Yeah, that's waaay back and I'm really surprised the Cow Palace is still there too...it probably says something they're relocating to a tight location in the Mission Bay neighborhood than something equivalent to the Cow Palace's location with a lot of parking and access. I used to go to Nate Thurmond's BBQ place south of Market and it was always entertaining to see a 6'11" guy climb a spiral metal staircase to get buns from the storeroom which was above the 18 foot ceiling.

No doubt about watching your step as there's a new cow pie in town...I think there's even a tourist advisory to look down when you're walking to avoid the sharps and indeterminate biological products. SF gets my vote for the most dangerous city in America to go barefoot or have thin soles.

Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by PimTac
The fix is in

Right now the NBA is instructing Toronto to throw the next two games. This series can't end in five games only. The television losses are too great.

Last year's finals only lasted 4 games...

But this one has a foreign team in it
smile.gif

I remember about 25 years ago an entire MLB season being scrapped, suspiciously when it began to look like Toronto and Montreal were about to run away with the AL and NL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back