It is a gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife brought this home the other day from a yard sale. It took 20 minutes to dial the sights in. First top left, then right, down a little-OK left a smidge. Dead on at 5 pumps. Directions say 3 to 10 pumps. Nice long rifled barrel and it came with 2 tins of HP 177 pellets. Not bad for $20!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IMG_1957.JPG

Last edited:
I have one somewhere, the sights on mine ran out of adjustment before it would shoot where they pointed.

Those are modified in Canada to only shoot 300fps. If you JB weld a port drilled into the internals they become a firearm here! I think ten pumps is 600fps.

Make sure you pump it once before you put it away else the seals will dry up.

Originally Posted by maxdustington

Make sure you pump it once before you put it away else the seals will dry up.

It probably needs a drop of oil once in a while here or there. Something that doesn't get gummed up or sticky.

Their website does say 10=600fps. I did give it a drop of machine oil per the instructions. I am amazed by the power, with a pointed pellet it easily punched a hole in a coffee can and knocked it over. A well spent $20 as the website says retail is $65. Squirrels watch out! It's alot cheaper to shoot than the 22.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
A neighbor had a Crosman like that back in the late 80s.

I'm reading up on it. It was introduced in 1977 with continuous production to present day.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
how loud is it?

I should elaborate. I depends on how many times you pump it. 3 pumps (min to make sure the pellet leaves the barrel) is relatively quiet. Take it all the way up to 10 pumps and it has a pretty good report. If you really need to know the DB I can do some tests. Indoors or out? Distance from the gun? I have a DB meter but need to know your parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back