Best filter to run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram Ultra is probably the best for the money, but I run the orange Frams personally. Never use a filter long enough to justify an Ultra! But they are excellent filters and priced very competitively for a synthetic media/wire backed filter.

Ok also the fl-1a has a larger diamater so if the backing plate that it's screwing on to has to be wide enough for it. I see.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I don't believe a adv is necessary for the SkyActiv.

Another option are the Thailand made Roki filters.

I'm pretty sure the Thai made filters from the dealer are made by denso. They look nearly identical to the Thailand made denso Toyota filters and have similar marking on the box.

Originally Posted by chubbie
Ok also the fl-1a has a larger diamater so if the backing plate that it's screwing on to has to be wide enough for it. I see.

The threads are the same, it just has to fit. For instance, on the Cherokee in my sig, the factory filter is a short Fram PH16 size, but the PH3600/FL400S fits, as does the FL1A/PH8A size. Just make sure there's enough room around them. On your Valvoline Ecore ADBV, that's a common flaw with black nitrile ADBVs, especially on Purolator made filters-engine heat stiffens them & they quit sealing-I've had Quaker State filter ADBVs quit inside of 2000 miles before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back