At the Outer Banks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning BITOGERS. Arrived at Outer Banks yesterday at 4pm. Gas is $2.52 for a "PURE" gas station near the house. Windy last night and ocean is definitely cold. Caught few crabs with nephews too last night. Trevor the in laws dogs won't even go in ocean
wink.gif

Vacation life is nice
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
No Speedo pictures, promise ?

Enjoy and stay safe !

No, even though I am below 250lbs; no speedo pics. Keeping nephew in line is full time job
wink.gif

Enjoy your vacation! I haven't been to the OB's since I was a kid when my grandparents used to live in Ktty-Hawk. I'm more of a mountain person, but it was pretty nice there!

Originally Posted by Delta
Enjoy your vacation! I haven't been to the OB's since I was a kid when my grandparents used to live in Ktty-Hawk. I'm more of a mountain person, but it was pretty nice there!

Yeah, we are at Avon. Nice area and good times. Food Lion less than 2 miles away too
wink.gif

Ive went to a place quite a few miles north of Corolla, had to drive on the beach to get there in the middle of a wild horse preserve. Talk about nice. A love the beach in small doses.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Food Lion less than 2 miles away too
wink.gif

I would not recommend going to Food Lion and suggest trying to find a Publix or Piggly Wiggly if possible. Just IMHO.

I have lived in NC all my life, and still have not been visited the Outer Banks. My wife and I are going next vacation.

I want to go when the fishing is good. Not sure when fishing action is hot on the coast. I use to go to Holden Beach, NC, and the fishing was great late in September/October right from the pier. We would catch a cooler full of Spot fast.

Originally Posted by BigD1
I have lived in NC all my life, and still have not been visited the Outer Banks. My wife and I are going next vacation.

I want to go when the fishing is good. Not sure when fishing action is hot on the coast. I use to go to Holden Beach, NC, and the fishing was great late in September/October right from the pier. We would catch a cooler full of Spot fast.

We go to the Nags Head every year. You can drive your 4WD onto the beach in some areas just south of Nags Head I believe Oregon Inlet. We took our Jeep Cherokee there back in 2000. I don't dare take the newfangled new Cherokee on the beach for fear I may break it lol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Tahoe4Life

Food Lion less than 2 miles away too
wink.gif

I would not recommend going to Food Lion and suggest trying to find a Publix or Piggly Wiggly if possible. Just IMHO.

Piggly Wiggly's a lot worse than Food Lion! I went there on my way to Gulf Shores, Alabama last week. Terrible!

Publix is too expensive.

I like Kroger for better quality stuff and Walmart to save money on general stuff, although Walmart's produce is pretty awful. And they don't stock anything worth a darn. Very inconsistent.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Adam have fun. How's the Camry running?

Ran great on some Maxlife 15w40 and RT6 5w40 CJ4/SM $20 that was 5gallon courtesy of autozone "clearance" mixed these oils 50/50. Nabbed 2 5gal jugs RT6 5W40 at oak hill WV Autozone that were $25 per 5gallon
smile.gif

Camry runs good as can be as got about 34mpg on way to Denver NC

We haven't been in years although we did go three times back when we had small kids.
The Atlantic is kinda cold, but there are many beautiful beaches and the cold ocean feels good after some time spent basking on the beach.
Kill Devil Hill and the Wright museum are must sees and a drive down to the now relocated Cape Hatteras lighthouse is also something worth doing.
You may be speaking of the same Food Lion we shopped when we rented a place on the beach in Nags Head.
The Outer Banks are a nice vacation spot.

[Linked Image]

Enjoying this after some steak and chicken on grill. Ready to hopefully see blues wipe out Bruins like Allies wiped floor with Hitler

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Adam have fun. How's the Camry running?

Ran great on some Maxlife 15w40 and RT6 5w40 CJ4/SM $20 that was 5gallon courtesy of autozone "clearance" mixed these oils 50/50. Nabbed 2 5gal jugs RT6 5W40 at oak hill WV Autozone that were $25 per 5gallon
smile.gif

Camry runs good as can be as got about 34mpg on way to Denver NC

And spec'd for a 20 weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back