Couple “New” Oldies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought these 2 from local second hand store. They had been there for some time.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I hope you got them for cheap. Are you going to cut them open for us, or you are going to have the cahones to actually use them?

Thanks for the pics.

Bought those 2, 2x 1982 World Fair Glass cups, 6x Craftsman's screwdrivers for $5

Hey, that Gold Seal GF-24 listed my dad's car - a '61 Pontiac Tempest 4-banger, our family car from '64 to '68. (It was the lamest car listed on the box.)
lol.gif

The PF24 lists some offbeat GM truck engines - 305 V6, 351 V6, and 379 V6. Never heard of any of these!

Originally Posted by Brolly
[Linked Image]

How can they claim "Up To 50% Less Engine Wear" when everyone knows that oil filtration doesn't matter or effect engine wear - lol.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the oldie pics.

"Up to 50% less engine wear," compared to what? No filter at all? That's a meaningless claim unless there's an asterisk with footnote to explain.

Originally Posted by Number_35

The PF24 lists some offbeat GM truck engines - 305 V6, 351 V6, and 379 V6. Never heard of any of these!

I don't think the production dates 9way up into the 70's???) are right for those.

Between 1960 and 1965 GMC also made a V-12!!! 702 cubes, not a very high redline (about 3,500 RPM??) mad gobs of torque

Hey, that Gold Seal GF-24 listed my dad's car - a '61 Pontiac Tempest 4-banger, our family car from '64 to '68. (It was the lamest car listed on the box.)
lol.gif

An Uncle has a 1/2 ton GMC pickup

https://www.google.com/search?clien...HelSCycQBQgtKAA&biw=1920&bih=944 with this type of engine .

Originally Posted by Linctex

I don't think the production dates 9way up into the 70's???) are right for those.

Between 1960 and 1965 GMC also made a V-12!!! 702 cubes, not a very high redline (about 3,500 RPM??) mad gobs of torque
]

The local machine shop had a block for one of those sitting there. They had bored it and the customer couldn't come up with the money to pay for the work. If you see a photo of that assembled engine, most people automatically think that it is just two V6 engines bolted together. Wrong. It's a single block with four heads on it. It was used in semi trucks and other industrial uses. Ah....when gas was really cheap!

Originally Posted by Kruse
most people automatically think that it is just two V6 engines bolted together. Wrong. It's a single block with four heads on it. It was used in semi trucks and other industrial uses. Ah....when gas was really cheap!

I was reading stories where 2 MPG was not uncommon with these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back