Boxed Havoline now available in full synthetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bbhero
Shoot I got about 5k miles on my Havoline high mileage oil
smile.gif

How is it running?

Extremely well... Very quiet.

Havoline Pro DS, this Havoline high mileage 5w30, Carquest High mileage full synthetic and Mobil Super 5w30 plus old Pennzoil Ultra have run the quietest in my car. And I have run 18 different oils in the car so far.

Originally Posted by DoubleNickels
All the more reason for cars to standardize to metric. Metric measurements for fluids. Metric nuts & bolts.

I'm not saying I have 50.8 centimeter wheels.

Havoline Pro DS, this Havoline high mileage 5w30, Carquest High mileage full synthetic and Mobil Super 5w30 plus old Pennzoil Ultra have run the quietest in my car. And I have run 18 different oils in the car so far.

Imagine that 18 different oils and it hasn't burst into flames!

Apologies for going off topic.

Good to hear that this brand of oil, and it's various formulations, are performing well.

Good that there are options with motor oil. It shows that you do not have to buy the most expensive oil on the shelf.

Anyone who gripes that oil blenders don't package oil in containers exactly the same size as the sump in his vehicle really needs something more important to worry about.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

Imagine that 18 different oils and it hasn't burst into flames!

Yeah but I carry a fire extinguisher in the car just in case
lol.gif

Boxes are interesting, though I do find the jugs handy for recycling the oil. I've found with boxed wine there is almost a full glass left in the bag no matter how I tilt the box. Be sure to check to get the last bit of oil out of the bag. Personally, I wish there were just a few standard sized containers so it is easy to compare prices. Probably 1 liter and 5 liter would be perfect, if we want to go metric.

Originally Posted by CR94
Anyone who gripes that oil blenders don't package oil in containers exactly the same size as the sump in his vehicle really needs something more important to worry about.

THIS................WELL SAID!!

+1 - that would be nice to see ... *I'm guessing a high NOACK and an add pack that barely meets D1 / Gen 2 specs. for such a price point and quantity offered ... Unless I had a 6 qrt. sump - Supertech Synthetic may be the better value oil ?
Originally Posted by Floyd1
Are there any recent VOA or UOA on this Pro DS?

How can you determine that by analysis?

When the first M1 AP voa was posted here there was a lot of disappointment as well. Pricing aside, AP has turned out to be a pretty good oil.

There is a lot that cannot be determined by an analysis.

Doing the math, Supertech full synthetic is less expensive. The attraction is getting 6 quarts for a 6 quart car. Now I don't have to pay more to buy 1 extra quart. Or save an open bottle with 4 leftover quarts.

So I'm still buying M1 in jugs at Walmart for $22 (I don't do rebates) … but have started watching for the six packs coming on sale at Costco …
That combo works for my 8/8/6/5 quart engines … only one is not spec'd for 20's …

Originally Posted by DoubleNickels
Doing the math, Supertech full synthetic is less expensive. The attraction is getting 6 quarts for a 6 quart car. Now I don't have to pay more to buy 1 extra quart. Or save an open bottle with 4 leftover quarts.

Supertech is 20.45 per 6 quart and Havoline is 19.95 per 6 quart so technically Havoline is cheaper. Supertech doesn't meet specs for my vehicle.

I really need to give this a try at some point, I am a big fan of Chevron especially their Delo line. For 6 qts oil and being cheaper than other available options it's very hard to beat. I actually recommended QSUD to my friend with a Hyundai Sonata as it's a really good value as well for the money but this oil totally slipped my mind and later wished I had thought about recommending this instead.

Originally Posted by Merek
I really need to give this a try at some point, I am a big fan of Chevron especially their Delo line. For 6 qts oil and being cheaper than other available options it's very hard to beat. I actually recommended QSUD to my friend with a Hyundai Sonata as it's a really good value as well for the money but this oil totally slipped my mind and later wished I had thought about recommending this instead.

That sounds like it will be some time Merk considering your large stash you described in another thread.

Originally Posted by PimTac
That sounds like it will be some time Merk considering your large stash you described in another thread.

Never know I might be stocking up some boxed oil at some point... evidently I do have a problem lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back