Canada Formula 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ack! Where is Qualifying? Just finished Q3 on ESPN2 and...no qually. Broadcast TV seems not to have it either.

Qualifying this afternoon. Don't you remember, Canada has the same time zones as the Continental US. Montreal is on EST.

I'm getting Tired of the Lewis Hamilton Show. I hope someone else beats him this weekend.

Last edited:
What channel/outlet? I've scanned forward in my schedules (cable) and don't see it.

You're in USA, I don't get he same channels as you.

We get it on TSN starting at 1:55 PM today. Who's your cable Provider?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DeepFriar
Ack! Where is Qualifying?

Why not go to the F1 website and check the schedule? It even has a "show me in my timezone" button.

From the time of my post, it's about 71 minutes away.

Last edited:
Yep. Had checked that this AM and your timing is correct. But apparently (and I hope it's in error) our US channel, ESPN, is broadcasting a baseball tournament. Confusion reigns.

It may be tape delayed. It's set on my DVR and starts at 11:55 EST Q3 ended an hour or so ago

All I have is ESPN 1,2,3. NEWS must be separate deal. Have to wait for replay on ESPN 3. Kind of a shame that qualifying has become more exciting than the races, eh? ...

Originally Posted by Gipple
Oh the F1 parade (rhymes with charade) is in cAnAdA this week?

Easy to remember. Actually the NBA final game will be in cAnAdA the day after.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Brad_C
DeepFriar said:
Why not go to the F1 website and check the schedule? It even has a "show me in my timezone" button.

Yes, always trust this. The F1 site does as even better job than the satellite company when you're looking ahead, across a time change, in a province that doesn't do time changes. The F1 site has given me the correct time even when the satellite company's guide was dead wrong.

Canadian sports coverage was showing plenty of Vettel and Stroll clips (which I didn't hear, since I was in a restaurant). Let me guess that since they never cover F1 results or do analysis unless they have to, they're going to spin it as Stroll being robbed of a potential podium because of engine issues.

The ongoing Williams saga is killing me.

Was finally able to watch Qualifying on replay via ESPN3 which I get via Sling TV. Inexplicably the replay was in lower resolution than the other feeds this season. I'm now watching the race live in the same manner (ESPN3/Sling). I had hoped the race itself would be in full 4K/HDR as the other races have been but no joy. Reminds me of a few seasons back when Bernie was trying to shake everybody down and feeding only SD. Argh!
I give up.

I think it would be awesome if F1 offered a service like this. Maybe they do and I don't know. You can see the location of every car on track and listen to every car's team communications.

IMG_4627.jpg

Oh, tough call that, on Vettel's "unsafe" reentry to turn 4. I slightly come down on the side of the stewards. Vettel keeps saying on the radio that he had to run across the track to keep control of the car, but he was the one that made the mistake that put him off the track in the first place. Lewis also made a couple of mistakes under braking today, but never ran off the track. It all happened so fast, and Sebastian and Lewis were racing hard, so each driver had to do what they thought to retain or attain the lead. I could also say that it was "Good Hard Racing" if the stewards hadn't imposed the penalty. Vettel makes the moral victory today, though, because he has shown the Mercedes dominance can be broken.

Last edited:
Like in government, no one wants over regulation. Let the drivers settle the race on the track. Stewards, sit down and enjoy the race.

I will start by saying I am not an F1 watcher and today was the first one I have seen in a best guess of two years. I wasn't all that impressed with the racing action and even less impressed by the decision to give Hamilton the win. All I saw was Vettel missing a turn and then after coming off of the grass with zero traction, needing maybe 2/3rds of the track surface to get back under control after the grass and he is penalized and loses the race. That seems crazy to me but then again, I rarely watch F1 so I don't get the rules. I certainly can't see somebody spinning out in Nascar and coming up in front of someone only to have that spot taken by the guy you spun in front of. I am pretty sure thats just racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back