Consensus on Armor All??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by meep
silicone products like AA cause breakdown of plastics, which can be seen by the haze formed on the inside of the windshield. The application of a silicone product to interior plastics therefore may look appealing but also degrades what it's applied to.

I know no chemistry facts, but used AA once in my life. I instantly noticed my windshield was horribly dirty inside and I couldn't get it to clean. I was wondering if the AA did it.

Is this a known issue?

Originally Posted by HowAboutThis
silicone products like AA cause breakdown of plastics, which can be seen by the haze formed on the inside of the windshield. The application of a silicone product to interior plastics therefore may look appealing but also degrades what it's applied to.

I know no chemistry facts, but used AA once in my life. I instantly noticed my windshield was horribly dirty inside and I couldn't get it to clean. I was wondering if the AA did it.

Is this a known issue?

Just google "armor all issues" and see what that search brings you...including your answer.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
Originally Posted by HowAboutThis

Is this a known issue?

Just google "armor all issues" and see what that search brings you...including your answer.

You can google "just about anything issues" and come up with complaints.

I have been using AA for decades without issues.

I have been an auto detailer for 15 years. I do fleets so it's not exactly a Ferrari but they want them to look new as long as possible and I want to save time. Armor All is a waste of money. It looks good short term but causes more work in the long term. There are much better options. I use Walmart or Amazon supplies. The Pro Detail shops cost the same or more and are much more inconvenient. My go to's are 303 Aerospace and Meguiar's Quick interior cleaner/detailer. The Meguiar's is really nice, just gives a clean new look. No greasy or artificially shinny surface. Some poeple really like a shine and the Lucas Interior Detailer works well for that. It isn't that greasy substance like Armor All. Which is funny since it is an oil company. Armor All Fierce or maybe Extreme Tire Shine is good for people who want the super shinny tires. It is gross stuff though.

I've started using Chemical Guys Total Interior Clean & Protectant, no sheen/shine, seems water based and has a pleasant scent.
The product has UV protection build in as well and can be used on glass, nav screens, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back