What's the best performances package for pcmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I open this discussion on the manufacturers of pcmo additive packages, in detail the main ones are:
Infineum;
Lubrizol;
Afton;
Oronite;
I-pac (the little ones).

the question is: which of these do you think produces the best performance packages for engine oil?

Originally Posted by mugen884
I open this discussion on the manufacturers of pcmo additive packages, in detail the main ones are:
Infineum;
Lubrizol;
Afton;
Oronite;
I-pac (the little ones).

the question is: which of these do you think produces the best performance packages for engine oil?

How would you possibly know other than which ones have the largest number of difficult-to-obtain manufacturer approvals? Besides that, please don't say VOA/UOA or manufacturer data sheets.

You were the guy who wanted the Bitog collective to help design your super lubricant, right? What happened with that?

The parent company of the electric utility I work for also owns Lubrizol. I vote Lubrizol through blind allegiance to Warren Buffett.

I would think they all make excellent additive packages.
I would also imagine that they make different packages based on cost....in other words they may make a cheaper one if an oil manufacturer wants it....say a house brand.

I'd like to know who makes the additive package for each name brand oil....I would imagine that Infineum makes Mobil 1's since EM owns them (I think it's an EM and SOPUS partnership). Chevron owns Oronite so....Who makes Castrol's and Valvoline's additive package?

Maybe a better question would be...who uses Afton additives? who uses Lubrizol addtives? etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back