NBA finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This series isn't looking good for GS. They have too many key players hurt, and they have no depth on the bench...and Curry can't do it all by himself...when Curry scores 40 points and the team's point total for the game is only 109, that tells me the rest of the team isn't pulling their weight. It's time they get KD in the next game...how long does it take to heal a calf injury?

Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by Gebo
Not watching. I'll only watch if it gets to the point GS could lose the Championship. In other words, I will only watch AFTER TOR wins 3 games. LOL

You won't be watching...

What kind of odds you offering for a bet on Toronto to win? If you are as certain as you say, 25-1 odds right now would not be out of the question. If you are game, so am I, let me know.

Originally Posted by SeaJay
Not watching. I'll only watch if it gets to the point GS could lose the Championship. In other words, I will only watch AFTER TOR wins 3 games. LOL

You won't be watching...

What kind of odds you offering for a bet on Toronto to win? If you are as certain as you say, 25-1 odds right now would not be out of the question. If you are game, so am I, let me know.
You talking to me or Gebo?

You grampi, you stated that grebo will not be watching Toronto winning. That sounds like you are certain, and if that is the case offering 25-1 odds against a Totonto vict

You won't be watching...

You grampi, you stated that grebo will not be watching Toronto winning. That sounds like you are certain, and if that is the case offering 25-1 odds against a Totonto victory would be like stealing money from a Toronto bettor. What do you say, are we on?

This series may be one where it truly IS not over til it's over and hinges on who comes back, who does or doesn't contribute, or who's flat. It's starting to remind me of the 2016 finals but that might be a little premature.

I'm going out on a limb and betting even money that Durant and Thompson are both back in on Friday...and based on that likelihood, you can then resume the discussion about Toronto winning the series. The narrative's probably on hold at this point.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
"Never underestimate the heart of a champion". LeBron James

LeGroin didn't say that. It was Rudy Tomjanovich.

Durant is out for the next game.

Personally, I think the moving parts of uncertainty in this series that makes the sportswriters crazy is a good thing. One of these writers got so upset that they basically went off on Durant for being out and effing with the writing formula helped by all the other uncertainties. On that count, this final is probably more exciting than it's given credit for...it seems the countdown of game eligibility that KD has left is more important to them than what actually happens in the game. Obviously, they have to win tonight or the calculus changes for both the series AND the writing.

[/quote]

You grampi, you stated that grebo will not be watching Toronto winning. That sounds like you are certain, and if that is the case offering 25-1 odds against a Totonto victory would be like stealing money from a Toronto bettor. What do you say, are we on?
[/quote]

You apparently didn't see my post after that. I think GS has too many key players out with injuries now to win this thing. Had they been 100% healthy, I think GS would've won this series in 5 games...

IMO, once a college player leaves for the NBA it's like they fall into a black hole, never to be seen again!

The Warriors lost tonight and are down 3:1 going back to Toronto. It doesn't look good at this point for them.

It's funny that Toronto's biggest fan is named after a duck. Acts like another animal though which I won't mention since this is a family site.

Originally Posted by PimTac
The Warriors lost tonight and are down 3:1 going back to Toronto. It doesn't look good at this point for them.

It's funny that Toronto's biggest fan is named after a duck. Acts like another animal though which I won't mention since this is a family site.

At this point it's too late...even if they were to play KD and Clay, it's too late...the Warriors are done...

The fix is in

Right now the NBA is instructing Toronto to throw the next two games. This series can't end in five games only. The television losses are too great.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
We got them Raptors right where we want 'em...

There was a time when GS could dig out of this, but I don't think they can this time...they were down to the Rockets last year 3-2, and they had to win on the road...

Originally Posted by PimTac
The fix is in

Right now the NBA is instructing Toronto to throw the next two games. This series can't end in five games only. The television losses are too great.

Last year's finals only lasted 4 games...

I understand the world always has a conspiracy theory, but just imagine how impossible it would be to keep something like a fix on an NBA game secret? The only way it could happen would be to have one or two superstars in on it. Someone like Curry or Leonard could probably throw a game by just easing off on defense a few times, or just by missing a couple of shots at crucial moments. But, I still find that highly unlikely. Everyone will point to the refs throwing games, but again it would never stay a secret for too long.

I think many if not most would be be surprised if Golden State comes back at this point for more than a game...it's not there.

With GS moving to the Chase Center in SF next year...a venue that has poorer access and costs more to attend, it may end up signaling the end of an era for fans but not the franchise. The only thing I'm surprised by is that they're apparently not going to change the name back to the San Francisco Warriors. Considering the Chase complex cost as much to build as AT&T Stadium in Dallas, it'll be interesting to see just how "remote" Oracle felt by the end of next season if it impacts the regular fans. I don't know...Idiot techie billionaires shoving millionaires might be a good representation of the future there...

Originally Posted by Vuflanovsky
I think many if not most would be be surprised if Golden State comes back at this point for more than a game...it's not there.

With GS moving to the Chase Center in SF next year...a venue that has poorer access and costs more to attend, it may end up signaling the end of an era for fans but not the franchise. The only thing I'm surprised by is that they're apparently not going to change the name back to the San Francisco Warriors. Considering the Chase complex cost as much to build as AT&T Stadium in Dallas, it'll be interesting to see just how "remote" Oracle felt by the end of next season if it impacts the regular fans. I don't know...Idiot techie billionaires shoving millionaires might be a good representation of the future there...

I still remember the SF Warriors playing in the Cow Palace. Wilt Chamberlain at center.

I'm surprised the Cow Palace is still there. San Francisco hasn't been a cow town for a long time but you still have to watch your step walking through there.

I for one will be pulling for the Raptors. Grew up in Buffalo, south of Toronto.

Went to several Raptors games with my church group as a young man, always was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back