Did Fram Ultra went up $1 at walmart ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by edwardh1
I just did a fram ultra OIL change- no filter. I change oil every 5000, filter every 15000.
easy less messy.
why dont they have a 25000 mile ultra?

20k isn't enough?
smirk2.gif

It probably could go 25k though

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
All the supertech oil filters in my area are now over 3 dollars

Originally Posted by AuthorEditor
That's odd. Most of them are $2.97 online from Walmart. I'm pretty sure it's the same in the stores I frequent.

I just picked one up last week at my local WM and it was $2.85. Probably a pretty good deal and no shipping cost.

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
I just went walmart for buy a 1 gallon gas can, for my chainsaw , stop buy oil filter section, Mobil 1 on top, fram ultra right below it, I fram ultra was usually $1 cheaper then mobil 1 was $8.97, and I think mobil 1 was $9.97.

*My favorite Fram Ultra #9688 is now $11.00 at WM (up from $9.00) .

Consumers are going to be paying for the trade war tariffs being imposed at some point. Maybe we're seeing that already with filter prices.

Consumers are going to be paying for the trade war tariffs being imposed at some point. Maybe we're seeing that already with filter prices.

Yep ... look around, almost everything is going up. Inflation is upon this economy. Need another recession so prices go down and we can get $5 foot long subs again.
grin2.gif

They have been slowly rising for a couple years. Use to be able to get them for under $6 each on eBay. No tariffs on Mexico yet. And tariffs are usually paid for (subsidized) by the targeted county. How they handle the extra cost is what affects the consumer.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

Yep ... look around, almost everything is going up. Inflation is upon this economy. Need another recession so prices go down and we can get $5 foot long subs again.
grin2.gif

IF your town STILL has a SlubWay shop! All of the ones in my area pulled up stakes and left.

Originally Posted by SHOZ
They have been slowly rising for a couple years. Use to be able to get them for under $6 each on eBay. No tariffs on Mexico yet. And tariffs are usually paid for (subsidized) by the targeted county. How they handle the extra cost is what affects the consumer.

Watch for quality corner cutting tactics from outside the USA products as a response to price increase as a result of tariffs.

Economists agree. Tariffs are paid for by consumers one way or another. Look at what happened to washers and dryers recently. Prices went up by 15% almost immediately. US companies pay the tariffs when they import goods. As is usual, when costs go up for companies they pass the price on to their customers. Not sure what is driving FRAM prices at Walmart, but I wouldn't be surprised if increased prices for steel, filtration media, and other components is part of it.

Originally Posted by SHOZ

Prices rise and fall for many reasons. I don't know of a country who makes oil filters, and tariffs, duty, are paid by the importer in the receiving country. They can choose to eat the duty, pass it on to the consumer, or find a cheaper source. Which is most likely what they will do? Charge the consumer, followed by look elsewhere for the goods.

My local Walmart jumped the price of the Ultra from $8.97 to $11.37 for the XG9688 I use a while back. Then I found out that my local Rural King, which I love shopping there, has all of the Ultras they carry for an everyday price of $7.99. Guess where I'm buying my filters from now on?!

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
I've noticed that it seemed to have went up in price slightly. It was always cheaper at Walmart vs Amazon but now, interestingly enough, the online price is exactly the same at both - $9.42. I know in-store pricing will vary slightly though.

When the economy is doing so good as it is right now prices generally go up... Expect them to go even higher... At work we have to do prices changes each Sunday and I have noticed each sunday prices on everything are jumping up.. I remember last year our GOLD Battery was 149.99$ and now its $164.99

Now for oil..

I have many customers tell me if they get a oil chnage special.. Like Mobil 1 oil and K&N oil filter is only 32..99 and thats about the same price you will get it at walmart.

Walmart is not cheap anymore.....

I notice I go to walmart and just get some milk and coffee and some water and a few other things and it always costs like 30$.. I can never get out of walmart without spending 30$

Last edited by a moderator:
Oil filter prices apparently are unrelated to the current economy, with inflation hovering around 2% or below for a long time now. FRAM prices are being driven by other factors when competitive filters on the shelf right next to the FRAMs are not going up in price. In any case, overall inflation is very, very low now no matter what individual prices are doing. One way it is easy to observe this is look at the interest rate your local bank is willing to pay for a savings account. Next to nothing means inflation is next to nothing.

Originally Posted by David1
I talk to the walmart greeters at the door and they have told me they get $15 a hour

My local Walmart doesn't even bother with Greeters. If they did decide to hire some, they would start at $11 an hour, I'm sure.

Mabe it went up after fram find out you guys using same oil filter for 2x oil change
lol.gif

For $10 oil filter range . purolator BOSS after discount code is really good deal for every day price.

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
All the supertech oil filters in my area are now over 3 dollars

Sorry I was mistaken they are 2.97 not sure what I was looking at last time i was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back