Tracy Morgan's 1 hour old Bugatti hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Tracy can afford to change the oil ...³...³...³

$20,000 to $25,000 to service that car
That's s good oil and filter right there !

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by SirTanon
I think they should write her up on a bunch of charges.

Good thing you don't make the rules. It was an accident, nothing more. The inflated, arbitrary value of the Bugatti does not factor into the equation.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by SirTanon
I think they should write her up on a bunch of charges.

Good thing you don't make the rules. It was an accident, nothing more. The inflated, arbitrary value of the Bugatti does not factor into the equation.

She was on her phone and tried to turn right from the left lane, as per the article. I agree, his car's value doesn't matter, but just how many rules does one have to break to reach a level where the rules no longer apply?

Originally Posted by supton
She was on her phone and tried to turn right from the left lane, as per the article. ...but just how many rules does one have to break to reach a level where the rules no longer apply?

Where did I say no rules apply or that she should get off free and clear ? Cite her for improper turn and the phone violation, absolutely (or whatever is applicable in NY). That's it though. Some people want to just make up "stuff" - failure to signal, reckless operation, failure to yield, and so on.

She was on her phone and tried to turn right from the left lane, as per the article. ...but just how many rules does one have to break to reach a level where the rules no longer apply?

Where did I say no rules apply or that she should get off free and clear ? Cite her for improper turn and the phone violation, absolutely (or whatever is applicable in NY). That's it though. Some people want to just make up "stuff" - failure to signal, reckless operation, failure to yield, and so on.

Fair enough--I read your response as "it was an accident, no need for charges". I see your point, zero need for bogus charges. I guess it's up to the officer's discretion, but IMHO the fact that a phone was in use... says there should have been at least one charge.

Something tells me the hit to her insurance is going to be punishment enough. Hope she had high coverage limits..ouch!

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
That's why I'll keep buying Pickups and Corolla's.

So you buy boring vehicles just because you're worried someone is going to smash into it? That makes about as much sense as buying a crappy house because you're worried a tornado is going to destroy it.
33.gif

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Hope she had high coverage limits..ouch!

That's an interesting scenario.... Presume she has good insurance coverage, you know, typical coverage limits or maximums. Those numbers are not normally set up to take care of something crashing into a Veyron or typical exotic cars. It's surely based on averages with some cushion. If it exceeds that, at least if this happened in Ohio, Morgan would probably have to file a claim against his own insurance company under his "underinsured motorists" coverage.

That's an interesting scenario.... Presume she has good insurance coverage, you know, typical coverage limits or maximums. Those numbers are not normally set up to take care of something crashing into a Veyron or typical exotic cars. It's surely based on averages with some cushion. If it exceeds that, at least if this happened in Ohio, Morgan would probably have to file a claim against his own insurance company under his "underinsured motorists" coverage.

Yep, her insurance will be primary and his secondary as an underinsured motorist claim. And his insurance may try to come after her if she has any assets. She having the unfortunate luck of sideswiping a Veyron, could very well lead her to file bankruptcy. What a drag if that happens..

Last edited:
This is a great example of why people just do whatever they want to do on the roads. No accountability, no consequences. A right turn from the left lane resulted in an accident. It could've resulted in a dead pedestrian.

If there was a $1,000 worth of citations piled on this situation, she just may put more thought behind her actions on the road in the future. The police aren't helping make our roads safer by letting people like this walk with no penalty. I guess it's easier to hand out speeding tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back