Meguiars products longevity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
Originally Posted by grampi
I have never gotten good longevity from Meguiar's waxes (not counting their new ceramics, I haven't tried those yet).

Have you tried any of their Ultimate lineup...such as Ultimate Liquid?

I can testify that the longevity of that product is definitely as good as many of the other products you named. In our case...lasting 4-6 months without any problem at all. Supplemented with an occasional spray wax on top after washing...it looks like and gets water beading/runoff just like it was just waxed even after that time period.

I don't think I have. I use a lot of their polishes, but I've had such good results with Collinite I've never needed to try any of their newer waxes...I would like to try their new hybrid ceramic though...if for nothing else, it's ease of use...

I don't think I have. I use a lot of their polishes, but I've had such good results with Collinite I've never needed to try any of their newer waxes...I would like to try their new hybrid ceramic though...if for nothing else, it's ease of use...

Neat - we'll see you it works for ya.

Originally Posted by 007
Originally Posted by NissanMaxima
I've used Meguiars products for decades and it seems even after a few hand washes with a minimum amount of car shampoo, there is already some deterioration in the coating - not as slick and slightly less water repellant. I strongly suspect this is the same across the board for any carnauba wax. I would also speculate that outside in your FL sun and uncovered, it will deteriorate even faster. But I have also found that if the finish is cared for, it really takes a minimal amount of time to put on a fresh coat in a month or two. As others mentioned, I would do some research on some of these ceramic coatings on the market.

I have never gotten good longevity from Meguiar's waxes (not counting their new ceramics, I haven't tried those yet). The longest lasting waxes I've used have been what many people call the "boutique" waxes, such as Collinite, Zaino, Duragloss, Klasse, etc. Also, the type of wash solution has a lot to do with how long a wax will last. Most, if not all car wash solutions should not remove the wax. Some even build on it. Of course, time will remove any wax/sealant, but the proper wash solution should not.

Thanks for your honesty as I have had the same experience even with Meguiars Ultimate Wax which is synthetic. I remember reading somewhere that all carnauba based waxes break down in intense heat such as FL and do not last although they look great at the start. That's how I learned about the Finish Kare FK1000 as it is a high temp synthetic wax that doesn't break down and last quite long on a vehicle stored outside in FL. ANYTHING will last for sometime when the vehicle is garaged at which point it comes down to more of personal preference as to how well it looks.

I've also heard the FK 1000 is long lasting, though I've never tried it...

Give the FK1000 a try. I do not think you will be disappointed. NO Meguiars product I have tried, and that's a lot, even come close to the FK as far as durability. I do however like the way Meguiars 26 and NXT 2.0 look on my Chevelle but its always garaged so there is no longevity issue.

Last edited:
I use NuFinish and it did great in ILL and does great in FL for a car that sits in the sun almost all day but garaged at night. Beads water after 8 months. I think it good in FL sun because of the UV resistance. Ed

NuFinish works well but does stain black trim if not careful. My son uses it on his 96 Buick while at school and it suits him well. As far as longevity the FK1000 does last longer than the NuFinish from what I can see but they both last longer than the ALL other Meguiars products mentioned on this site in an outdoor (NOT INDOOR) environment such as FL.

The orange pumpkin juice people have infiltrated yet another thread.
15.gif

I think Nu Finish is a fine product for people who don't have the time or inclination to do claying, paint correction, and multiple layers of protection. It's solvent-heavy, which serves well to remove contamination (I've used it, and TR-3 to remove spray paint from a CTS), and whatever sealer it contains seems to last a respectable amount of time. I just don't like cleaner-waxes. And don't ever get this stuff on rough plastic. It doesn't come off.

Originally Posted by Donald
I am looking for a wax that lasts from 1 to "when I get around to it" number of months. Think a year or two. Anything out there?

There is no wax that will give you 1-2 years of protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back