Hard Boiled eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know the best way, not a boiled egg fan. Fried ,omelets, scrambled with vedgies..Steamed eggs? Like poached?

Whatever you do, don't coat them with motor oil, thinking the shells will just slide right off!
grin.gif

I'm no fan of hard boiled eggs but had to learn because they're an ingredient in the family's potato salad recipe.

I read the "bring them to a boil, cover then turn the heat off" trick to eliminate the greening.

The Applebee's we went to in Virginia should learn how to cook chicken without such greening. THAT was off-putting.

I cheat and use my Instant Pot and the 5-5-5 method. Basically pressure cook the eggs for 5 minutes, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes (then manually release any remaining pressure) and then soak in ice water for the last 5. The shells do seem to peel right off even with fresh(er) eggs right from grocery. Also based on the couple of times using this method, the yolks are not overcooked and green but done.

Prior I would use a steamer basket in a rice cooker and just forget them since it automatically shut down. Varying success with p[peeling afterward however.

You should try peeling Duck eggs it ain't happening I make into egg salad just boil cool than cut in half with knife and scoop out. Farm fresh chicken eggs can be done the same usually eaten over easy now collecting 10 eggs daily we get a inventory fast. Yes duck eggs make a full flavor and excellent egg salad delicious.

I solved my problem. After cooking the eggs in boiling water, plunge them into an ice water bowl. Peel under running water and shells are removed in 1-3 pieces. A little salt & pepper-Yummmmm. Ed

I'm not sure what the problem is that is trying to be solved. Put eggs in pan. Cover with water. Add a pinch of salt. Cover. Bring to a boil. Once a rolling boil starts time 7 minutes, or to taste. Remove from stove. Take off cover. Put pan in sink and run cold water into pan for about a minute or two. Remove eggs. Crack gently and roll around a bit to soften up all the shell. Peel. Rinse the eggs to remove any little bits of shell. That's how my Mom did it for 70 years and that's how I've done it for about 50! I just did two eggs and had them on a salad for dinner. They were perfect.

the only way i can make them easy to peel is to use an electric egg cooker.

They are around ten dollars on amazon, and cooks six eggs at once, makes them perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back