PQIA most recent tests (5-1-2019)...no Noack results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CR94
Originally Posted by OilUzer
... It will be interesting to know the variation in test results with different interpretation and execution of the noack test when not fully defined.
Do you have knowledge that it's not clearly defined, or are you speculating that it might not be? There's not much point having such a test unless every relevant variable is clearly defined and described. I don't need to know all the details, but any lab performing the test certainly should.

Based on what couple of posters have posted above such as "harder to estimate", and questioning "repeatability and reliability of the current test method" ... I said if the test and the test environment is not very specific and/or not fully defined, there will be some variation in the test result and companies can conduct the test differently.

i may look for the recent "discussion" about noack values being hard to estimate ... Curious to know how specific the test is.

Is the noack test defined/specified in api? I think the numbers are defined somewhere like less than %15, %12, etc. How about the test itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back