Nissan coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have what looks like blue coolant in my 2003 Nissan Maxima. I need to top off it's starting to get low. Are there any alternatives to going to the dealer?

It likely has Nissan blue LL in it. Zerex Asian would be a perfect top off choice.

Zerex Asian Blue. Napa and Walmart carry it for a reasonable price
smile.gif

Pentofrost A3 is another good option. A good price at AAP if you use the promo code. It is also available at Napa.

Well no Zerex. But there is Peak "original equipment technology" coolant at AZ. Which has me wondering.. Was it really blue? Or was it actually green. Does it matter for these 2?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Either Peak should work, but if you have blue in there now, you might as well keep using blue
smile.gif

Walmart should have the Zerex Asian Blue

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Well no Zerex. But there is Peak "original equipment technology" coolant at AZ. Which has me wondering.. Was it really blue? Or was it actually green. Does it matter for these 2?

It's probably green, and it's supposed to "matter" at least somehow. The pictures you show display the correct year breakdown. It was green up to and including 2008 (maybe with a couple exceptions). My G37 has the Nissan green. The blue came in the year after. For the few times I've needed any coolant, I've gone straight to the dealer, since that's one thing my local guys happen to sell at a reasonable price.

With personal knowledge of it, 03 Nissan AF would have been green tinted and had the shorter service interval, iirc, 2years/~30k miles. Nissan has since replaced it with longer service interval 'blue' PHOAT premix. Ime, currently least expensive is WM Valvoline/Zerex Asian AF blue, $13/gal. Alternatively, Zerex Asian Blue sold in AP stores slightly higher. Pentofrost A3, if you can find it reasonably priced an option too.

Nothing wrong Peak OET premix, however last I checked at AZ priced ~$20/gal. Might as well go to Honda dealer and buy Type 2 for that price. Or check Nissan dealer price for LL premix blue price.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
With personal knowledge of it, 03 Nissan AF would have been green tinted and had the shorter service interval, iirc, 2years/~30k miles. Nissan has since replaced it with longer service interval 'blue' PHOAT premix. Ime, currently least expensive is WM Valvoline/Zerex Asian AF blue, $13/gal. Alternatively, Zerex Asian Blue sold in AP stores slightly higher. Pentofrost A3, if you can find it reasonably priced an option too.

Nothing wrong Peak OET premix, however last I checked at AZ priced ~$20/gal. Might as well go to Honda dealer and buy Type 2 for that price. Or check Nissan dealer price for LL premix blue price.

So it's similar to the way Toyota went from Red long life to Pink super long life. So I will just go over to Walmart and get the blue thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back