New Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 007
So what is the longevity period of this product for a car stored outdoors 24/7?

I put my initial coat (buff on/off) on at the beginning of this month, and it's still going strong. We've had a ton of rain here too, and my truck is outside 24/7. I do plan on putting another maintenance coat (spray on and spray off) on this weekend. So far, I'm really impressed with it, and it's very easy to apply. My only complaint is that I got some hazing on the outside windows from it, but I covered the truck with it and buffed it all off. Glass cleaner took the film off though.

I only have a Honda Accord and I'm obsessed over a cleaned waxed car..............................Can't imagine how much I would clean and wax if I have a Porsche.

Originally Posted by Tundragod
I only have a Honda Accord and I'm obsessed over a cleaned waxed car..............................Can't imagine how much I would clean and wax if I have a Porsche.

One of my previous Challengers had an intermittent charging issue that had it in the shop for a couple of weeks at a time on two different occasions. I had a rental car to get around each time, and neither was anything special - an Elantra and some Toy-onda I forget the model of. Anyway, I got so jittery each time without anything to clean and detail, I resorted to washing and waxing the rental cars.

And just between you, me, and the fence post, I will even admit to doing some light scratch and swirl removal on the Elantra while I had it. That thing had some pretty noticeable white scratches in the clear coat, and once I had removed them with my DA and some Meg's Ultimate Compound, those spots stood out among all the swirled body panels around them. So I then had to de-swirl the rest of the car.

I also changed the oil on that car, but that's a separate issue altogether I know.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
I applied this product but not quite as directed (my mistake).

My paint was washed then clayed with a synthetic clay bar/lubricant, washed again with stripper soap and dried it, glazed it, then used Extreme Top Coat, and finally Butter wax coated back in December with all Chemical Guys products (1st usage for me - yes a couple of days). It really needs a cut and polish but I've only recently purchased the tools/chemicals to do so. My car is daily driven, garage kept during the night and weekends but sits out at work during the day. It is nearly 8 years old and has what I would think is a fairly thin clear coat from the factory. I do have lots of swirls and car wash machine scratches cause I was too lazy for several years to do a proper car wash.

For this product, I washed/rinsed as normal and then applied the HCW (1st application) to the wet car after I fully shook the bottle. I then used a dry microfiber towel to spread the product around and pseudo dried it but keep using the same microfiber towel (now saturated with water and HCW). I then washed that panel down and moved to another panel (using the same saturated microfiber towel). I did a final whole car rinse and then using a clean/dry waffle weave microfiber drying towel, dried the car off before water spots could hit. Yes, I was out in the full sun (my bad) and surface was very warm to the touch. I had to hit just a few spots with another dry microfiber towel to remove the slight haze left due to not applying this correctly. I should have used a dry microfiber towel per section and buffed it dry which I believe is their intent for the first application.

So far, I like the shine and I will use the simple HCW spray on, rinse off and microfiber towel dry technique for future car washes. I'll be able to judge how long it lasts then but my final rinse did result in plenty of water beading and was super easy to dry off.

The one rain storm that has hit me so far only left some pollen water spots as it dried before I drove the car. Pollen is super bad this time of year and I'm hoping the HCW will help allow it to just "blow off" by driving it at highway speeds rather than another full wash. We'll see but I'm hopeful.

So it has been 1 month since I last washed my car and applied the foundation layer (incorrectly as I stated above). While the car was very dirty (pollen, dust, bugs, tree sap), it seems to hose off most of the dirt since when I washed my car, I got very little "dirty water" in my rinse bucket. I did the normal application of the HCW this time around and noticed little difference in the very good performance of the water beading/sheeting off my car. After she was completely dry, I did notice a slight, occasional hazing on the glass that buffed right off with a microfiber towel which was the result of my misapplication of the foundational layer. I also buffed some of paint by hand just a little bit as well (roof, hood, trunk lid, all glass).

While I do need to do major paint correction on my nearly 8 year old Kia (polished only twice), I have been impressed with the HCW beading action and ease of re-cleaning my car. It held up very well in 100°F full sun and heat.

Last edited:
*After seeing the video comparison between : Meg's HCW , Turtle Wax Shine & Seal and Mother's Ceramic Wax - the Turtle Wax Sea & Shine was the clear winner at 50% less price of the other two . After I use up the Meg's HCW , I won't be going back . Turtle Wax definitely has stepped up their game !

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
*After seeing the video comparison between : Meg's HCW , Turtle Wax Shine & Seal and Mother's Ceramic Wax - the Turtle Wax Sea & Shine was the clear winner at 50% less price of the other two . After I use up the Meg's HCW , I won't be going back . Turtle Wax definitely has stepped up their game !

AMZN has the TW product for $5.99. They're out of stock but will take the order and ship it when it is back in stock. For that kind of money it is worth a try.

Interesting! Can you provide a link to this video?

Originally Posted by WhizkidTN

Interesting! Can you provide a link to this video?

https://youtu.be/59w-eKzmgw4

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dblshock
I'm buying that TW sealant tomorrow, whoa.

Let us know if in 90 days after application...if you still feel the same way about the product (durability).

*Unless the video showed "trickeration" with the TW Shine & Seal - it's already beating the other two short term , so it stands to reason it will beat the other two long term too ?

*Had a good rain yesterday having to use the wipers full time ... The TW Seal & Shine on the windshield did not smear like the Meg's HCW did ... Water beading and run off on paint was excellent with the TW Seal & Shine .
*Unless the video showed "trickeration" with the TW Shine & Seal - it's already beating the other two short term , so it stands to reason it will beat the other two long term too ?

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001

Let us know if in 90 days after application...if you still feel the same way about the product (durability).

Here's the spouse's 2013 Honda Accord using Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid - after 90 days - yesterday after a light rain...water beading...once we left to drive the car...the water literally ran off the surface everywhere.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's the spouse's 2013 Honda Accord using Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid - after 90 days - yesterday after a light rain...water beading...once we left to drive the car...the water literally ran off the surface everywhere.

Talking spray sealants/coatings in here...

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

Talking spray sealants/coatings in here...

Talking durability - the whole inspiration for ceramic in the first place...more than one way to skin the cat...

How well does the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax do on the black plastic trim surfaces that are common on cars these days around fenders, etc ? Any issues with it causing clouding or being hard to remove because of a textured surface like you get when you use conventional waxes on those surfaces ?

I'm talking about a new car and not one that has the horribly faded plastic trim parts that need rejuvenation with Back To Black or similar products.
If Megiuars HCW is not optimal, what is a good treatment for those surfaces ?

This has been a very informative thread by the way

Originally Posted by Dwight_Frye
How well does the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax do on the black plastic trim surfaces that are common on cars these days around fenders, etc ? Any issues with it causing clouding or being hard to remove because of a textured surface like you get when you use conventional waxes on those surfaces ?

I'm talking about a new car and not one that has the horribly faded plastic trim parts that need rejuvenation with Back To Black or similar products.

I haven't noticed any ill effects. The plastic beads water just the same as the paint.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by Dwight_Frye

I haven't noticed any ill effects. The plastic beads water just the same as the paint.

I posted pics of it on my plastic bed rails earlier in this post. Beads just like the paint.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back