Honda DW1, 24,296 Miles, 2005 Civic 1.7, KA4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

The miles on fluid is a drain and fill, which I do every other engine oil change generally. Last full change per Honda Service News procedure (4 drain and fill) was ~100,000.

It was drained and filled here too.

Originally Posted by gathermewool
I didn't realize DW-1 was such a low-viscosity fluid!

Thanks for the post.

Same with Dexron VI, Mercon LV, SP-IV-M, and other various low viscosity fluids. They are all right in the same range.

How often do you do full change? Drain and fill every oil change and what is your OCI?

I had 2xD&F done at 19K and at 30K now on my pilot, not sure if i should continue with 1xDF at 10K interval or wait another 10 and do 3/4 D&F?

Thanks for advise and posting

Originally Posted by parshisa
How often do you do full change? Drain and fill every oil change and what is your OCI?

I had 2xD&F done at 19K and at 30K now on my pilot, not sure if i should continue with 1xDF at 10K interval or wait another 10 and do 3/4 D&F?

Thanks for advise and posting

I believe the last full change was ~100,000. Full change being 4 drain and fill in quick succession after shifting through the gears. (Per Honda Service News) I typically drain and fill every OTHER engine oil change and typical engine oil OCI is 8-10,000.

Originally Posted by JustN89
Originally Posted by gathermewool
I didn't realize DW-1 was such a low-viscosity fluid!

Thanks for the post.

Same with Dexron VI, Mercon LV, SP-IV-M, and other various low viscosity fluids. They are all right in the same range.

Yea, it sounds familiar now. IIRC, the older Dex III and Honda Z1 ATF's started in the 7's cSt but sheared down to the 5's relatively shortly; whereas, Dex VI and DW-1 ATF's start out at a lower viscosity, but are more shear stable. Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back