Compare Z23 Evolution Sport vs the Z36 Truck & Tow brake kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody able to offer a true comparison between the Z23 Evolution Sport vs the Z36 Truck & Tow brake kits? Either look like a good option, but I'd like something with minimal dusting for my daily driven F150 which rarely tows and is occasionally driven hard. Priority is reliability with a nod towards performance if possible... but not at the expense of dusting to a lot of noise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wagner OEX, Akebono ASP, and Hawk LTS are good pads that should dust less than what you have now
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Wagner OEX, Akebono ASP, and Hawk LTS are good pads that should dust less than what you have now
smile.gif

Running the Wagner thermoquiet ceramic pads now. Maybe not a revolutionary pad but it's been a good pad for 45k miles. Dusting is acceptable as are most of the other characteristics. Starting to loose some bite, though. And has episodes where they become slightly squeaky.

Last edited:
Take a look at Raybestos EHT.. Pads and Rotors.

Pads are GG rated and a hybrid mix that have served me well in towing and daily driving.

So searching looks like the z36 definitely has upgraded stainless steel backing plates and at least one report of customer service stating the z36 has a more aggressive compound with a little more dust and a little less life.

I've fitted 3 pairs of Power Stop Z23 evolutions on two separate vehicles. They're decent, if not exceptional. Bite when cold is meh. Bite when warmed up is better.

I've been burned by Wagner Thermoquiets before. Weren't quiet at all and had to replace after 100 miles. I've fitted two sets of Wagner Quick Stops and those were all quiet, unlike the Thermoquiets.

EBC is my go-to brand of brakes now. They have much more bite than any Power Stop pad I've tried. And they're quiet. Going from a vehicle with EBC brakes to a vehicle with Power Stop brakes has resulted in several surprises for me when approaching stop signs--where's all the braking power?!

Last edited:
Wagner Thermoquiet sucks on most truck apps. EE rated. Terrible.

Hawk Super Duty took me almost 50k miles of hard driving and towing. LTS is doing great on my Navigator, also with hard driving and towing.

Seriously considered Raybestos EHT for it's GG rating versus Hawk SD's FF rating, but they don't have a front brake pad for the Rams yet.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
Wagner Thermoquiet sucks on most truck apps. EE rated. Terrible.

Hawk Super Duty took me almost 50k miles of hard driving and towing. LTS is doing great on my Navigator, also with hard driving and towing.

Seriously considered Raybestos EHT for it's GG rating versus Hawk SD's FF rating, but they don't have a front brake pad for the Rams yet.

The TQ's I've been running had a GG code when I installed them a few years back

I have a 2013 F150. I got the Z36 kit for the front and going to get to the rear this year. I feel like the dusting is very minimal and they are very quiet and I can easily say they saved me from a few accidents compared to OEM. Would not hesitate to get them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back