Ugly van help with ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing looks like the Aztek designer and the Cube designer dropped some defective acid and designed a van, and maybe got Renault involved.. It was plain white, all insigna removed just an MV4 in the grill. Rounded in an ugly way, Squarish wheel wells in the GM truck "style:" I have never seen another, for good reasons.

i did not take my cell phone so could not do a ask google, figured if anyone could help it would be BTOG.

Rod

Last edited:
That is it! Thanks. Did not know it was a mobility van. That is no excuse for the styling. Disable people have enough problems without having to ride in something that ugly.

Rod

looks like it already failed .

AM general did the original hummer, so styling is NOT their strong area.

Rod

Did they pay royalties to Honda Motors for borrowing the Element's front clip?

If it's style you are looking for then the Toyota Sienna with the factory installed mobility package is the best option.

These MV vans look like a chop shop design from a Mad Max movie.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Local transit authority has at least one of those running around, thought maybe it was an EV. Hopefully form follows function.

I think they have a Ford 4.6L.

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
That is it! Thanks. Did not know it was a mobility van. That is no excuse for the styling. Disable people have enough problems without having to ride in something that ugly.
Rod

lol.gif
lol.gif

I always wandered what these things were, I was expecting a mainstream manufacturer.

They do kind of catch your eye don't they? Not in a good way though.
Who signed off on that? Do they still work?

Rod

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
Local transit authority has at least one of those running around, thought maybe it was an EV. Hopefully form follows function.

"Originally the MV-1 was to be based on a General Motors pickup truck with a standard GM drivetrain. Instead, the production version has a Roush designed chassis and a powertrain from a Ford van. In either case, it has a simple but sturdy body-on-frame construction with fully boxed rails. The engine is the well-known Ford Modular 4.6 liter V8 which produces 248 hp (185 kW)."

"The 2015/2016 model is powered by a newer Ford 3.7-liter Ti-VCT V6. Fuel economy is 14 mpg city, 16 mpg highway, and 15 mpg average. "

both from the Wikipedia page linked above

The Louisville Transit Authority has a few of these on the road. First time I saw one, it had the MV-1 badge so I was able to identify it with Google.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl

Ford 3.7L V6 on the newer ones. One of the transit agencies here uses one as a supervisor's van.

I do have to say how amazed I am with BTOG. I saw this hideous van, posted my best description, no picture and in less than 5 minutes I had the correct answer.

I have had fun with the video, watching peoples faces with the views of the van has been fun.

Thanks again.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back