post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2007 Acura TSX, 127K, probably 30K or more on fluid

Out: Unknown fluid; probably 3 quarts Honda DW-1
In: 2 quarts Idemitsu DW-1 equivalent + 1 quart DW-1

Dang thing shifts like butter and pulls better.
Old fluid was dark red; not too bad. I've seen much worse...

Last edited:
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 6L80 transmission 37200 miles.
Out 4 quarts.
In 4 quarts DEXRON VI.

This means about 60% of the Factory Fill has been replaced over the last 4 months.

Multiple drain and fills all done in the last 2 weeks. Between twice per car and 7 times per car depending on how many times it took to get to 90% new fluid:

1999 Camry, 2002 4Runner filled with Toyota Dexron III
2003 Mazda Protege 5 filled with Mazda M V
1998 LS400, 2005 Highlander used Toyota T IV
2005 LS430, 2009 IS350 used Toyota WS

Gonna do the 2007 GX470 with Toyota WS this week

Originally Posted by Gebo
Multiple drain and fills all done in the last 2 weeks. Between twice per car and 7 times per car depending on how many times it took to get to 90% new fluid:

1999 Camry, 2002 4Runner filled with Toyota Dexron III
2003 Mazda Protege 5 filled with Mazda M V
1998 LS400, 2005 Highlander used Toyota T IV
2005 LS430, 2009 IS350 used Toyota WS

Gonna do the 2007 GX470 with Toyota WS this week

Good job.

2016 FJ Cruiser. Has done 20000 miles and had the dealer do a drain and fill and the oil didn't look that great. Prior to putting a oil cooler I was getting regular temp of 200 in stop and go and over hill climbs or off road it would spike to 210. Next week doing a full flush with a flushing machine and Aisin full synthetic AFW+. Interestingly Aisin recommends total flush every 20000 miles that I intend to follow. Thankfully the oil is less than half the price of Toyota WS ATF bought from the dealer. Combined with Magnefine filter and Hayden 679 I intend to keep the transmission running for long.

Last edited:
2017 SantaFe Sport. Drained out 3.5 quarts at 34,500 miles. Not black looking, dark red with not too much metallic sludge on the drain magnet. I have seen much more on Hyundai/Kia first drain. Refilled with Valvoline MaxLife. Will do again this fall.

Not a trans but I did the transfer case on my 3500. Out was factory fill. Dark red, presumably ATF. In went just under 2 litres of Co-op ATF SL. 73,103km on the unit.

16 Honda Pilot, 2WD EX-L, 31K on odo, 11K on the fluid, last change at 19K - 2xD&F

Out: 3.8qt of Honda DW1
In: 3.8qt of Honda DW1

Sample collected and will be dropped off for analysis on Monday

03 suburban, 157k miles. New Napa trans filter. Pulled A/T return line, hose to bucket, and flushed 4.5 gallons. Took that much before it came out bright red. Started with 3 gallons of Maxlife, but local stores were out, so I finished with 1.5 gallons of Valvoline DeXIII.

Next year, I'll do it again with full Maxlife or DexVI.

2012 Scion xB.

Did a drain and filter change.
49,856 miles on vehicle. Used Havoline Multi-vehicle Synthetic ATF (carries Dex-VI certification, recommended for WS) and a Wix filter..

[Linked Image]

New fluid on left, old on right. Looks purple?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

New stuff:
[Linked Image]

OEM filter:
[Linked Image]

The dark stuff is some of the stuff from the magnet that got wiped on there when I was moving it:
[Linked Image]

OEM filter is made in USA:
[Linked Image]

But the Wix is made in Taiwan:
[Linked Image]

I did a drain and fill @ 30,000 miles (about 3 years ago) using Maxlife ATF.
Plan on doing a drain and fill every 25,000 or so (that is around 5 years at current driving rate).

2018 Silverado Z71 crew cab 39525.

Out 4 quarts DEXRON VI.

In 4 quarts DEXRON VI Castrol. Fluid is nearly bright red now.

I will likely do one more vacuum and fill before next summer.

2001 Lincoln Continental FWD. Pumped out 15 qts of unknown fluid with unknown mileage.... by idling the car Took 4+ start/stops of about 1 gallon each.

In: SUPER TECH Mercon V.

Meets Ford approvals. Did the filter last year.

Won't do it again for another 15K-25K miles. The AX4N transmission is known to be under-designed for this heavy and powerful engine. Best to be very conservative on trans fluid changes.

Last edited:
2007 Kia Sedona 202,000 miles

Out : Enios SPIII Approx. (5 qrts.)
In : Maxlife Multi Vehicle ATF

No issues so far running the Maxlife , I'll do another drain and fill in a few hundred mils using the same Maxlife ATF (better than any SPIII ATF)

2012 Corolla switched from WS to Maxlife. I did four drain and fills in one day (too much time on my hands) drove around a bit between drains. It should be close to 85% maxlife now. No difference in shift quality, I guess that's a good thing. Dealer wanted $13 a quart for ws, maxlife $4.50 a quart at wally world. It'll be maxlife from now on.

Last edited:
Back