Gas Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Al
... If you are involved in an accident 22% more energy will be released (at 70) than at 50 resulting in that much more injury/damage.
"This shows that a 1% increase in average speed results in approximately a 2% increase in injury crash frequency, ...
No, 96% more energy would be released at 70 mph. (Because (70/50)^2=1.96) Your other numbers are correct (because 1.01^2 = 1.02, about).

Originally Posted by CR94
Originally Posted by Al
... If you are involved in an accident 22% more energy will be released (at 70) than at 50 resulting in that much more injury/damage.
"This shows that a 1% increase in average speed results in approximately a 2% increase in injury crash frequency, ...
No, 96% more energy would be released at 70 mph. (Because (70/50)^2=1.96) Your other numbers are correct (because 1.01^2 = 1.02, about).

lol..yea you are right what was I thinking
cheers3.gif
probably that CBD

Originally Posted by Smokescreen
https://ecomodder.com/forum/EM-hypermiling-driving-tips-ecodriving.php

Any vehicle I own gets better than EPA ratings....90% is in technique.

My normal driving nets the same as your results with:

Jeep Grand Cherokee w/HEMI/QD2
370Z
2001 WS.6
1995 Trans Am
2002 G20
2011 Z06

BUT NOT MY 2015 CX5! It couldn't even MATCH EPA highway except on one occasion where I hypermiled the [censored] out of it and [censored] people off.

My 2019 CX5 GTR on the other hand is amazing. Just checked lifetime avg. last night, and it's at 25.6. EPA rating is 22 city, 27 highway. That lifetime of 25.6 includes tons of hooning around, 0-80 blasts, etc. too. Nothing edited. That is the totality of my lifetime of ownership (8200mi so far) of fuel economy, expressed as an average. I can run 87, but choose to run 91 octane for the extra power, and prefer ethanol-free fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back