Did Fram Ultra went up $1 at walmart ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I bought all those Fram Ultra 7317 on clearance when I posted awhile back. A whole dollar over a 10-15k oci ain't a deal breaker. I'm sure general merchandise has gone up at least a bit on somethings. Even so, if you only change your oil once a year as what is assumed at 12k per year its a dollar a month. M1 will raise theirs too.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Tough Guard has the same efficiency for three dollars less but is only rated for 10K. I'll take the TG my car will never see a 10K OCI.

The toughguard I looked at didnt have the wire backed media?

Originally Posted by Rand
The toughguard I looked at didnt have the wire backed media?

TGs don't have wire backed media, it's not full synthetic, but rather a synthetic blend.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Most OEM filters at the dealer are $5 or $6, why would anyone buy aftermarket for more money is beyond me.
Parts department is open the same hours as I work so it's just not as convenient to go there. Saturdays would be an option but don't always have a chance to get over there. I was disappointed that Autozone doesn't carry Nissan oil filters while they carry many other OEMs (Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, etc).

All the Fram filters I buy/bought are made in the USA. They went up months ago.

I should charge you a dollar for reading this thread about a filter going up less than 10%

A dollar is not insignificant.

Even the lowest cost, bulk package filters make it through an oil change interval, when installed by discount lube shops. But they usually give you a bulk oil from a drum, and a little sticker on the windshield that says to come back in 3 months or 3,000 miles. If I'm at Walmart, I would be perfectly comfortable with Supertech oil & filter for 3 months or 3,000 miles.

Originally Posted by dave1251
I should charge you a dollar for reading this thread about a filter going up less than 10%

I agree. Every dollar is significant.

I wonder how much I could raise, if everyone sent me a dollar.

Originally Posted by Patman
It's also an 11% increase in price. Not cool. It certainly has me thinking that I'll stick with the NAPA Gold for a while, especially since I still can't find the new XG12060 Ultra for my Corvette anywhere anyways.

I think you get your NAPAs in the states, right? I was laughing looking at the NAPA Canada flyer this month, touting NAPA Golds starting at $10 plus change. My Wix 57356 isn't a cheap filter, and it was like $7. The Gold 7356 samples I bought when they were on special at our NAPAs were under $5. I guess NAPA Canada likes Canadian Tire's purchase model - you can't come in here and just buy something; you have to wait for a sale.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
This makes the ST e-core an even better of a deal.

10k miles of protection for under $3.

+1

I use the Fram Ultra 9688s for two oil changes or 10k and 15k depending on car. Buy them on eBay 6 at a time. But yes they did go up and WalMart use to be the cheapest place for 'need it now' use.

Originally Posted by DoubleNickels
Originally Posted by dave1251

I agree. Every dollar is significant.

I wonder how much I could raise, if everyone sent me a dollar.

Take a penny, double it every day and in less than a month you will have $1 million.

Look at the vehicles people drive to see how thrifty they are where it counts, at the gas pump. We are lucky if a filter goes up only a dollar. A dollar a couple times or few times a year is nothing.

I understand the annoyance of a $1 increase, but I'm not going to choose an inferior product to save $2 per year on car maintenance (I average two OCIs per year)! Look at it as an investment in your car!

In this situation, yes, it's $1, but you have to look at the bigger picture, the 11% increase that a few people have pointed out. Apply an 11% increase on everything you buy for the worst case scenario and see how you like it. Oh yeah, your income does NOT go up 11% either.

Originally Posted by Garak
It's also an 11% increase in price. Not cool. It certainly has me thinking that I'll stick with the NAPA Gold for a while, especially since I still can't find the new XG12060 Ultra for my Corvette anywhere anyways.

I think you get your NAPAs in the states, right? I was laughing looking at the NAPA Canada flyer this month, touting NAPA Golds starting at $10 plus change. My Wix 57356 isn't a cheap filter, and it was like $7. The Gold 7356 samples I bought when they were on special at our NAPAs were under $5. I guess NAPA Canada likes Canadian Tire's purchase model - you can't come in here and just buy something; you have to wait for a sale.

I have always bought my NAPA filters in the US. Up here they want something like $13 for the filter for my Corvette but I got it in the US for just over $6. Plus I grabbed a couple of NAPA Platinum filters for my wife's BMW for $4.99 on that big April sale, up here they are almost 4x that price usually.

I have always bought my NAPA filters in the US. Up here they want something like $13 for the filter for my Corvette but I got it in the US for just over $6. Plus I grabbed a couple of NAPA Platinum filters for my wife's BMW for $4.99 on that big April sale, up here they are almost 4x that price usually.

This month they have like five different oils on sale, but expensive filters.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back