Keep getting ran into!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it happened again two days ago. I was ran into again.

This time it happened on a pretty busy four lane street. Was in the right lane coming up to a right turn on a side street. Older farmer man in a beat up Dodge Ram, in front of me apparently missed the right turn he wanted, jammed on his brakes, and starting backing up quickly to make the turn (on a main busy road). I laid on my horn but to no avail. Sat there and watched in horror as he slammed the front of my new Nissan Murano with 3k miles on it. Smashed the front pretty good, including the LED headlight assembly. Cars behind me were tight so could not back up myself. Didn't do any damage to his farm truck. No injuries to myself, wife or him. Now let the body shop estimates begin.

About two years ago while sitting at a stop sign in a rural area, a pick up (another Dodge Ram) pulling an overloaded hay trailer, I guess couldn't stop in time, and slammed into the rear of my 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium. 7 grand in repairs and I was on my way again.

About a year before that, driving down an expressway in light traffic, I passed a car that was in the right lane, I was in the middle lane. As I slowly got around her, (she was in my blind spot) I heard a loud bang and strong impact. She slowed and exited and I followed her into a parking lot. Apparently she was distracted (texting?) And ran the left front of her Accord, into the right rear of my 2009 Avalanche LTZ. Several thousands in repairs and I was back in business again.

I'm just a magnet for idiot's. ALL of these accidents were TOTALLY preventable, with the last one being the stupidest of all.

Really just venting now... sorry!

Seriously looking for a beater vehicle now. Don't know what else to do!

Karma. You need to buy a Ram 2500 4X4 Quad cab for your own protection.
39.gif

Weird thing all of these "accidents" happened on clear sunny days in the afternoon. Nobody drunk, buzzed etc.

Originally Posted by oldhp
Karma. You need to buy a Ram 2500 4X4 Quad cab for your own protection.
39.gif

Don't you think he should stay away from Ram? That seems to be what they do to other cars.

Originally Posted by FADEC
Weird thing all of these "accidents" happened on clear sunny days in the afternoon. Nobody drunk, buzzed etc.

Are you sure, I know folks that are buzzed and or high all day.

Rod

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr

Are you sure, I know folks that are buzzed and or high all day.

Rod

Well pretty sure. The cops gave them a pretty good look over. I think in my case it was just stupidity.

This time it happened on a pretty busy four lane street. Was in the right lane coming up to a right turn on a side street. Older farmer man in a beat up Dodge Ram, in front of me apparently missed the right turn he wanted, jammed on his brakes, and starting backing up quickly to make the turn (on a main busy road). I laid on my horn but to no avail. Sat there and watched in horror as he slammed the front of my new Nissan Murano with 3k miles on it. Smashed the front pretty good, including the LED headlight assembly. Cars behind me were tight so could not back up myself. Didn't do any damage to his farm truck. No injuries to myself, wife or him. Now let the body shop estimates begin.
About two years ago while sitting at a stop sign in a rural area, a pick up (another Dodge Ram) pulling an overloaded hay trailer, I guess couldn't stop in time, and slammed into the rear of my 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium. 7 grand in repairs and I was on my way again.
About a year before that, driving down an expressway in light traffic, I passed a car that was in the right lane, I was in the middle lane. As I slowly got around her, (she was in my blind spot) I heard a loud bang and strong impact. She slowed and exited and I followed her into a parking lot. Apparently she was distracted (texting?) And ran the left front of her Accord, into the right rear of my 2009 Avalanche LTZ. Several thousands in repairs and I was back in business again.
I'm just a magnet for idiot's. ALL of these accidents were TOTALLY preventable, with the last one being the stupidest of all.

They call it RAM for a reason.
15.gif
Joking aside, sorry for your misfortune and a brand new vehicle too.

Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
You are unlucky. Please stay away.
I call my company Transit the "Moron Magnet", because it seems to attract them. Them being on their phones, high (drunk is rare in the daytime these days), or just too stupid to be driving, period.

Beater vehicles don't help, they try to hit the huge F-450 & the ugly peeling Sierra too, it doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
TIme to get a dash cam

Fortunately for me all drivers had insurance (a rarity in South Texas). They actually stopped, and admitted fault to police.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
TIme to get a dash cam

Definitely front and back at least.

The solution is a Dashcam. In the last 4 years, I've totaled 2 cars avoiding idiots who forced me to take evasive maneuvers (at highway speed). I'm sure there were witnesses, but no one so much as even slowed down, except the lady in whose front yard I flipped my car. Cops breathalyzed me and took blood sample for drugs; made me go to the ER.
Anyhow, I was overdue for a Dashcam. Within 10 minutes of installation, 2 separate idiots ran stop signs & I almost plowed them. The Dashcam has a very calming effect on my driving...I just don't care who cuts me off and I have no anger whatsoever towards aggressive or inattentive drivers....I've got you on Dashcam. Survival on the road now requires assuming everyone else is strung out on drugs and out to kill you, then lying to the cops about whose fault it is.

Dashcams don't help you in rear-enders. I was plowed into at a stoplight which drove my car into the one in front of me, and so on for about four cars up the line. I was cited for failing to maintain control of my vehicle, but luckily in a no-fault insurance state. Wasn't sued but paid a stupid traffic fine, which would have been too costly to fight.

Originally Posted by AuthorEditor
Dashcams don't help you in rear-enders. I was plowed into at a stoplight which drove my car into the one in front of me, and so on for about four cars up the line. I was cited for failing to maintain control of my vehicle, but luckily in a no-fault insurance state. Wasn't sued but paid a stupid traffic fine, which would have been too costly to fight.

You should have appealed the surcharge. Even if you have your foot on the brake, if someone hits you from behind, it can move the car regardless of whether you have the foot on the brake or not. Or maybe that doesn't even matter because you're getting ready to move forward. I appealed one once and it was dismissed. Pretty simple process, just have to show up and give your side of the story and they send you a notice later.

Being in Texas you need to get one of those huge dually's and jack it up about 10 feet. That way folks will avoid you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back