I test drove a new Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price isn't bad. I'd give it another year or two and see how reliable they are.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by Imp4
Jeezus that price is ridiculous...

When you consider that averages wages in the USA have barely risen in the past couple of decades or more, all vehicle prices have become ridiculous.

I don't know.
I just bought a 2018 Avalon with 268-hp and 19k miles on it for less than $21,000.
Seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
That really doesn't seem unreasonable... I don't see you getting a super cab 4x4 F150 for that...

With TTL and doc fees you're looking at $34,500 and that's assuming no up selling or add ons.

With 10% down and a 4% loan at 60 months, that's a payment of:

$571 per month for 5 years.

That's ridiculous.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
That really doesn't seem unreasonable... I don't see you getting a super cab 4x4 F150 for that...

With TTL and doc fees you're looking at $34,500 and that's assuming no up selling or add ons.

With 10% down and a 4% loan at 60 months, that's a payment of:

$571 per month for 5 years.

That's ridiculous.
cheers3.gif

We get it, in your opinion it is ridiculous.
10.gif

One of these is really tempting. I would love to find an XL Crew Cab 4x4 with rear locker in a few years. I would like to test drive one.

I priced one out new on their website and it was only 36k.

In 4 or 5 years I will probably pursue a used one. I can swap on steel wheels and buy an electric locker axle from car-part or something.

Originally Posted by MParr
For the money, I would go with a Ram equipped with the 3.6 Pentastar.

I am not a fan of Dodge / Ram / Chrysler , but check on the Ram 1500's on cargurus.com .

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Jeezus that price is ridiculous...

Is it? As I recall my 98 S-10 ZR2 was sticker of $21, and $29k out the door (approx) when I bought it new.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

The fact that you paid $29k for a Chevy S-10 in 1998 is also ridiculous.

Now we have two ridiculous things.
cheers3.gif

Let's see, $21k and $29k in 1998 translates to $32,923 and $45,465 today (if this site is to believed).

May last ranger (and the last of the previous ranger) was about 15K out the door.
My S10 short box special order was about $13K with HO V6 with the FFB rochester Vara-Jet and a MT.

Find a classic Chevy or Ford and refurbish it,.
It will be a better vehicle.

Many V8 reman crate engines are cheaper than a carburetor these days.

$31K+ for a frigging RANGER?? Ford is on crack, no wonder they're in trouble. Nobody in their right mind is paying that, I can't imagine a base F-150 would be any more. I know it's been a while, but I bought the Cummins Ram 3500, Mega Cab, 4X4, leather interior (granted aftermarket), 35K miles on it, still under warranty, for $28K in '08-and I thought THAT was a lot!

If you need a truck usually a $1500 trailer will do 90% of the same work.

They are massively overpriced right now due to demand.. same with the jeep gladiator.

To everyeone else: not everyone wants a full size truck..

A XLT ranger in 2002-2005 was around 18-24k , now if you wanted 2wd,crank windows, reg cab.. sure they had some much cheaper.

The new ranger I would buy would be 40k. which is insane.

I told my co-worker same deal when he spent over 40K for a Chevy Colorado.

But the new ranger isnt the old ranger and the new colorado isnt the old colorado,

Originally Posted by Rand

Can get a 4x8 from Harbor Freight for $300

Originally Posted by Miller88

And the nice this is that you bash 'em up and not care. Need to drill a hole for something? go for it, zero worries about resale.

They are massively overpriced right now due to demand.. same with the jeep gladiator.

To everyeone else: not everyone wants a full size truck..

A XLT ranger in 2002-2005 was around 18-24k , now if you wanted 2wd,crank windows, reg cab.. sure they had some much cheaper.

The new ranger I would buy would be 40k. which is insane.

The prices of vehicles are in line with inflation have been for at least 4 decades. The ridiculous part is believing everything should cost the same a decade ago.

Originally Posted by dave1251

The prices of vehicles are in line with inflation have been for at least 4 decades. The ridiculous part is believing everything should cost the same a decade ago.

Right tell that to the guy saying rangers were 15k.
smile.gif

The issue is :I had the offroad package 4.0L supercab(4door) pretty loaded up model for under 24k out the door with taxes etc

same thing now would easily break 40k A couple of those is more than my house.

What I meant by overpriced is many dealers are selling at msrp sticker + added $$$$
and the fact that you can get the f150 loaded up cheaper.
the jeep gladiator is also selling over sticker..

my jeep cherokee was $10000 below sticker.. give them 3 years or so for the new to wear off.. and it will be back to 5000 under sticker. (so its overpriced now)

Right tell that to the guy saying rangers were 15k.
smile.gif

My comment was in response to another poster bringing up what he paid for his 2006 Duramax, just trying to highlight how ridiculous his comparison was.

Originally Posted by supton
Originally Posted by Miller88

And the nice this is that you bash 'em up and not care. Need to drill a hole for something? go for it, zero worries about resale.

They're great! Only real downside I've seen is the wheel bearings don't seem to hold up to 2000+ pounds (I have the 1100 pound capacity). I prefer mine over my pickup, though. Significantly easier to load and unload!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back