21 mm Impact Socket issue with impact wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Patrick0525

Any recommendations for a thin wall? Hazel?

I like my set of 3 Hazet (17/19/21mm), walls thin enough to be used on VW. So far so good, but just a few car switching winter/summer tires won't put much stress on them
smile.gif

They don't seem to be very rust resistant though, but I don't know if it's normal for these "black" sockets since they are the only I have (all my other tools are chromed).

Edit : https://www.amazon.com/Hazet-903SPC-Square-3Piece-Impact/dp/B001C9UTOK

Not affiliated or anything, just what I bought. Contrary to the picture (the blue socket), mine DON't have plastic inside, full metal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Popsy

Any recommendations for a thin wall? Hazel?

I like my set of 3 Hazet (17/19/21mm), walls thin enough to be used on VW. So far so good, but just a few car switching winter/summer tires won't put much stress on them
smile.gif

They don't seem to be very rust resistant though, but I don't know if it's normal for these "black" sockets since they are the only I have (all my other tools are chromed).

Edit : https://www.amazon.com/Hazet-903SPC-Square-3Piece-Impact/dp/B001C9UTOK

Not affiliated or anything, just what I bought. Contrary to the picture (the blue socket), mine DON't have plastic inside, full metal.

I was looking at the same set.

I use a Matco 21mm thin wall impact socket. It's made in the USA, don't know the part number of the top of my head. I have used it professionally for 3 years on KIA's and Toyota's. It is along with the 19 and 22mm sockets are some of the best tools I have from Matco.

Originally Posted by Thax
I use a Matco 21mm thin wall impact socket. It's made in the USA, don't know the part number of the top of my head. I have used it professionally for 3 years on KIA's and Toyota's. It is along with the 19 and 22mm sockets are some of the best tools I have from Matco.

CDP21M6A

Where can I get one besides going to Marco?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Thax

CDP21M6A

Where can I get one besides going to Marco?

I see a used one listed on eBay for $18.88 + $5.99 shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back