GUMOUT ALL in ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have to give Canadian Tire some credit on these products. While they don't seem to have the semi-regular 50% off price on the various Regane products any longer, at least they have held the line on the regular price for an extended period of time. Walmart also has the All in One, but I'm not sure how the price compares offhand.

What's the difference in the HM vs Complete ?
What's the HM got that the Complete doesn't or the
All in one ?

Originally Posted by kstanf150
What's the difference in the HM vs Complete ?
What's the HM got that the Complete doesn't or the
All in one ?

HM version has an upper-cylinder lubricant in it.

Found this info

45494A49-7A9E-4FC9-AB27-1E7D9178794C.jpeg

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Found this info

From what I could find all three have the same ingredients
Except HM has a small amount of Trimethylbenzene

For the sake of clarity, the All in One advertises upper cylinder lube on the label, too. The High Mileage Fuel Injector Cleaner is also not the exact same product as the High Mileage Fuel System Cleaner. These are distinctly different products, with the latter claiming higher PEA content than the Fuel Injector Cleaner.

Originally Posted by Garak
For the sake of clarity, the All in One advertises upper cylinder lube on the label, too. The High Mileage Fuel Injector Cleaner is also not the exact same product as the High Mileage Fuel System Cleaner. These are distinctly different products, with the latter claiming higher PEA content than the Fuel Injector Cleaner.

Only the "system" cleaners from Gumout contain PEA. All their other cleaners contain PIBA, which isn't necessarily a "bad" cleaner just not as good at attacking carbon like PEA. The two Regane sprays for gdi and parts, have PEA in them also.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Only the "system" cleaners from Gumout contain PEA. All their other cleaners contain PIBA, which isn't necessarily a "bad" cleaner just not as good at attacking carbon like PEA.

There, even clearer still! The data sheet shown above does show a tiny PEA concentration for the fuel injector cleaner, and I mean tiny.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by JustN89
Interesting video about the Gumout All-in-One:

So mixed results. Too bad he didn't pull the injectors before/after. If he's running TT fuel only, does anyone know if that's a normal amount of carbon build up??

I think I'm going to pick me up one of those borescopes... they're pretty neat.

Originally Posted by Garak

There, even clearer still! The data sheet shown above does show a tiny PEA concentration for the fuel injector cleaner, and I mean tiny.
wink.gif

You were correct, I never noticed it in the SDS. Dunno why I never did, but I wonder if there's enough there to do anything??? I don't suppose gumout would put it in there just for fun, so maybe it's in just enough concentration to clean the injector ports only????

I typically use the Multi System Tune Up can, I can get that at Wally's for about $4 and it has an UCL and other things, so I think the $1.50 difference between the two is worth it, for me anyhow. I alternate between that and Techron every oil change. Sometimes Amazon has Techron for just $3.99. It's the smaller bottle but I use it with half a tank. I just use that stuff for added piece of mind. In reality I probably don't need it per se because I'm a stickler for using 76 and Chevron gas anyhow.

Last edited:
Yes, that's a tiny little amount for sure. I don't bother with the injector cleaners; I get the fuel system cleaners, too. The ironic thing is that some of our retailers seem blind to the product tiers and sometimes the injector cleaner is more costly than the all in one product. Up here, I used to use the Regane Fuel System Cleaner or their HM version when our Canadian Tires used to have 50% off specials, or Red Line SI-1 from my other supplier, which used to be at a very good price. It's gone up a fair bit. Now, we don't get those Regane specials any longer, but Walmart has brought in some decent products, so at least there's availability.

Honestly, Canadian Tire would do well for themselves to take 75% of the products in their additive aisle, dump them in a shopping cart, and push that load of garbage to the hazardous waste disposal people. Our Walmarts, at least in this city, have cut down their automotive sections quite a bit, and the additive section got reduced. At least they kept some useful things, like PEA cleaners and real fuel stabilizers.

If it had pea in it (which it obviously does) it is a good thing to buy for your engine. It really is telling the truth since it has pea in it. Of course I would research to see if it really had pea in it, but if it does then buy it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bonnelvr92
If it had pea in it (which it obviously does) it is a good thing to buy for your engine. It really is telling the truth since it has pea in it. Of course I would research to see if it really had pea in it, but if it does then buy it.

If you're referring to the FI cleaner than I'd say there's such a small amount of PEA that I can't see it doing anything when diluted in my 21gl tank. The "system" cleaners by Gumout and Techron have much higher concentrations of pea and are proven to be effective at cleaning carbon buildup. So effective that some engine mfgs are now not only recommending regular use a PEA additive, they're having Chevron private label their own.👇(Hyundai sells this at a YUUGE markup and recommends it as regular maintenance; it's exactly the same as Techron system cleaner)

[Linked Image]

I see it as you could buy that gumout all in one cleaner for 7 bucks or you could go to the dollar tree, get superior motoring benefits, super gas treatment, fuel injector cleaner, and high mileage fuel treatment for 3 dollars, and get more concentrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back