Wife's 2014 Sienna

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Drastically overfilled the oil with Toyota 0w20 by the Toyota stealership....gonna siphon some out

2) Noticed it smells of gasoline, and its not a subtle smell.

3) Why? Its not DI. My Lexus is DI and smells strong of gasoline, even after 3k miles

Last edited:
How long since it was changed? If it was very recent, then something seems wrong... should not reek of gasoline that quickly. But I'm not sure how it'd get in there, not unless if you had a bad injector.

is this a new to you vehicle?

Overfilled, double the space above the fill to hole. Its that way on both sides. This dealership has done this routinely to our cars, but this is the worst cast yet. Can't imagine the oil pressure. Its been in since December and my wife does short trip alot. I check in every month and it was overfilled but not by THIS much. It was about a mm over the max fill hole from Jan-April, did not check in May.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Speak2Mountain
Can't imagine the oil pressure.

No impact to oil pressure. Nothing changes until the crank throws start dipping into the too-high level in the pan and start aerating the oil.

So, the dealer did the change and overfilled it by 1mm on the dipstick, back in December? And now it's rising up after a number of months? I'd change the oil and start driving it on longer trips, I'm guessing fuel dilution from "many" cold starts is not doing you any good. But I don't see how the dealer is to blame here, 1mm over is not that much.

Originally Posted by Speak2Mountain
Overfilled, double the space above the fill to hole. Its that way on both sides. This dealership has done this routinely to our cars, but this is the worst cast yet. Can't imagine the oil pressure. Its been in since December and my wife does short trip alot. I check in every month and it was overfilled but not by THIS much. It was about a mm over the max fill hole from Jan-April, did not check in May.

Wait, level increased? Than it is something else, possibly gas if there is smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back