Did Fram Ultra went up $1 at walmart ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went walmart for buy a 1 gallon gas can, for my chainsaw , stop buy oil filter section, Mobil 1 on top, fram ultra right below it, I fram ultra was usually $1 cheaper then mobil 1 was $8.97, and I think mobil 1 was $9.97.

Last edited:
I've noticed that it seemed to have went up in price slightly. It was always cheaper at Walmart vs Amazon but now, interestingly enough, the online price is exactly the same at both - $9.42. I know in-store pricing will vary slightly though.

Oh no!!!! A WHOLE DOLLAR!!!

The world is coming to an apocalyptic end!!! What's next? I don't even want to know.........

I should charge you a dollar for reading this thread about a filter going up less than 10%

Walmart pricing is very strange, but I'm sure there is method to their madness. I suspect that once an item starts showing buying pressure the algorithm kicks in and ups the price gradually until sales start to slack off, then it lowers back down to the point that max. sales are achieved at max. profit. There are probably a million other things that factor in too. Regular Walmart shoppers are always on the prowl for that odd item that inexplicably drops to some ridiculous low price. I found a particular pair of sunglasses I like in their fishing section and have subsequently found them on sale for like $1.97 a couple of times.

Originally Posted by Propflux01
A dollar is a dollar.

I agree. I'd rather that buck be in my pocket instead of theirs.

Prices went up several months ago.

Tyco Trico runs the show now
FTFY. Yes, price increases at WM posted here previously. XG9688 seemed to be one of the bigger increases.

Originally Posted by Propflux01
A dollar is a dollar.

It's also an 11% increase in price. Not cool. It certainly has me thinking that I'll stick with the NAPA Gold for a while, especially since I still can't find the new XG12060 Ultra for my Corvette anywhere anyways.

That's why I buy filters on clearance when I can. Most of the time from RockAuto for about $1 or so.

I noticed lots of things have went up in price lately ... the whole economy is shifting that way. I think most subs at my local Subway went up ~15% in the last 3 months.

Napa Platinum is on sale this month for $8.99
smile.gif

Rare for prices to stay the same for any length of time. Increased cost to manufacture gets passed along to the consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back