NBA finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious who's watching. It looked like the GSW were missing KD in game one, but now they seem to have found their mojo again without him. I would've said Toronto had a good chance to win the series if they had won game two, but now I think GS will win in 6...without KD...

GS didn't need Durant before, and they don't need him now. With Curry and without Durant, GS is still something like 36-2 this season. I'm not watching just because it's not interesting to me- GS was always going to win. This is why the NFL and it's hard salary cap is a better product; the soft salary cap and all the rules/exemptions are what allowed the Warriors to tie the all-time wins in a season record, then go out and sign a top 3 player in the world.

I think they can win without Durant but they need the big contributions like Cousins had to cinch it. I'm sure Durant's status will probably be as gray as possible until he's suddenly in the line up in game 4 or possibly earlier.

What seems like a constant with GS is when they appear dull, sick, flatulent, or otherwise injure their heads, shoulders, or tailbones on the floor is when they can be the most dangerous 15 minutes later. If these games are close, then I think that seemingly repeated pattern gives them an edge.

P.S. It wouldn't be BITOG without this thread devolving into something about overpaid adult infantiles or reaffirming that you don't watch X sport for Y reason ( not referring to JustN89's post ) so I wish you luck Grampi....I'd expect the sports fan variation of 'get off my lawn" to show up anytime now....

Originally Posted by Vuflanovsky
I think they can win without Durant but they need the big contributions like Cousins had to cinch it. I'm sure Durant's status will probably be as gray as possible until he's suddenly in the line up in game 4 or possibly earlier.

What seems like a constant with GS is when they appear dull, sick, flatulent, or otherwise injure their heads, shoulders, or tailbones on the floor is when they can be the most dangerous 15 minutes later. If these games are close, then I think that seemingly repeated pattern gives them an edge.

P.S. It wouldn't be BITOG without this thread devolving into something about overpaid adult infantiles or reaffirming that you don't watch X sport for Y reason ( not referring to JustN89's post ) so I wish you luck Grampi....I'd expect the sports fan variation of 'get off my lawn" to show up anytime now....

Yes, I fully expect this thread to fill up with the posters telling us why they don't watch the NBA...

Originally Posted by JustN89
GS didn't need Durant before, and they don't need him now. With Curry and without Durant, GS is still something like 36-2 this season. I'm not watching just because it's not interesting to me- GS was always going to win. This is why the NFL and it's hard salary cap is a better product; the soft salary cap and all the rules/exemptions are what allowed the Warriors to tie the all-time wins in a season record, then go out and sign a top 3 player in the world.

I don't know, the salary cap hasn't really done what it was intended to do either...we still see basically the same teams in the playoffs/SB every year...at least from the AFC anyway...

I'll start why i don't watch the NBA, Butt wipe james and all the celebrities that act like FOOLS on the sidelines, james is always brought up even though he's not playing, ESPN has a love affair with him.
31.gif

Gotta be honest, Drake is making me pull for the Warriors.
Might be interested in seeing a fresh team on top without his solipsistic camera-hogging antics...

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Gotta be honest, Drake is making me pull for the Warriors.
Might be interested in seeing a fresh team on top without his solipsistic camera-hogging antics...

I'm not watching but reading of his childish actions makes me come to the same conclusion.

I usually root for the underdog so have to pick Toronto in seven. Besides, I was born there! Kawhi always seems to have another gear when needed even if he looks like he's loafing. Curry does too. Realistically, the only hope Toronto has is to keep Curry under 40 points and hope Durant doesn't come back, but stranger things have happened. Not watching because it is on too late for me!

Last edited:
Dub Nation!
Steph gonna Steph...
Klay is due for a 60 point game...
Iggy was the 2015 Finals MVP.
Nobody (esp. Toronto) thought Demarcus was gonna step up like that...

I wanna be a talla...
I wanna be a balla...
I wanna throw down...
LIKE ANDRE IGUODALA!

I think it will go 7 games and there will be moments for both teams. It took the Raptors a bad quarter for GS to win this should say a lot.

Originally Posted by dave1251
I think it will go 7 games and there will be moments for both teams. It took the Raptors a bad quarter for GS to win this should say a lot.

The Warriors went on an 18-0 run to start the 3rd quarter. It was all about their defense; the points were on transition after stops.

Originally Posted by Malo83
I'll start why i don't watch the NBA, Butt wipe james and all the celebrities that act like FOOLS on the sidelines, james is always brought up even though he's not playing, ESPN has a love affair with him.
31.gif

The sports media is the same with Tiger Woods and golf...they can't talk about golf without bringing up Tiger...

Originally Posted by AuthorEditor
I usually root for the underdog so have to pick Toronto in seven. Besides, I was born there! Kawhi always seems to have another gear when needed even if he looks like he's loafing. Curry does too. Realistically, the only hope Toronto has is to keep Curry under 40 points and hope Durant doesn't come back, but stranger things have happened. Not watching because it is on too late for me!

I think Toronto needed to go up 2-0 to have any chance of winning this series. They aren't going to win in Oakland, and if KD comes back, they aren't going to win at either place...

Originally Posted by grampi

I think Toronto needed to go up 2-0 to have any chance of winning this series. They aren't going to win in Oakland, and if KD comes back, they aren't going to win at either place...

I don't think Durant is coming back. He is no Willis Reed.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by grampi

I don't think Durant is coming back. He is no Willis Reed.

I think it depends on how the series goes. If GS goes down 3-1 (which I don't see happening), I think KD plays...otherwise, you're probably right...

Not watching. I'll only watch if it gets to the point GS could lose the Championship. In other words, I will only watch AFTER TOR wins 3 games. LOL

Originally Posted by Gebo
Not watching. I'll only watch if it gets to the point GS could lose the Championship. In other words, I will only watch AFTER TOR wins 3 games. LOL

You won't be watching...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back