All wheel disk brakes wear even front to back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, two sets of rear pads will last about the same length of time as one set in the front. I think it is some amount of brake bias and some amount of traction control system design. I don't remember the percentage, but I understand that most of the vehicle stopping ability is provided by the front brakes. I suspect my rears may be undersized for the vehicle size or driving conditions.

Originally Posted by CBR.worm
For me, two sets of rear pads will last about the same length of time as one set in the front. I think it is some amount of brake bias and some amount of traction control system design. I don't remember the percentage, but I understand that most of the vehicle stopping ability is provided by the front brakes. I suspect my rears may be undersized for the vehicle size or driving conditions.

Upwards of 75%. When you break all that momentum and vehicle weight shifts forward. Your selection of tires plays a big part in your ability to stop also. You can have the best brake pads money can buy but if you got bargain bin tires, your tires become the limiting factor in braking performance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back