Snow Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke this morning o an absence of traffic noise...snow...yeah, I know it's pretty lame comparing it to yours...but a little rain over the top and it's slippery as all get out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Lots of tracks out the front...never saw a rabbit from here, but it's not roos...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
And I just had to....

[Linked Image]

Thanks Wim Hof, and Game of Thrones

edit...not long out of bed, so make-up hadn't got to me as yet...that concrete head over my shoulder is Gary...in reference to Garry Allan

Last edited:
That's awesome!! I think a snowy day is beautiful. We always get ice here instead of snow.

Originally Posted by Shannow
that concrete head over my shoulder is Gary...in reference to Garry Allan
R.I.P. Gary Allan, he was a true gentleman. Good on ya' for remembering him that way.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by JLTD
Rare event in most of Oz....you near Thredbo? Happy early winter!

Lithgow, in the Blue Mountains, 2/3 of the way between Sydney and Bathurst.

We get snow a half dozen times per year. Maybe two days off work for road closures every two-three years...October 23rd we've had snowed in one year, ringed with bushfires the year after, and snowed in the year after that.

Nice shots! I'm enjoying the warm weather right now. I'll take 4 seasons although it seems to be more like 2 as time goes on. RIP Gary Allan.

What in the Heck are you doing out there in bare feet?
Does look really pretty, though, and that sort of wet light snow is fun to drive in, especially if most of the incompetents stay home.
Looks like a late October or early November snow would look here in the correct hemisphere, or maybe a late March or early April event.
How often do you see this where you are? Snow is pretty special if you only see it occasionally, but not so much here where we can count on it coming for a number of months every winter season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
I hate snow with a passion, hence living where I do, but that does look pretty cool.

Same here, but I live in the wrong state lol snow sucks.

The best thing you can do is to let it melt. I used my snowblower only 2 times myself. The other stuff was dealt with simply by doing the walk with a push shovel and cleaning off the cars. If the snow is a lot, the Gov tells us non-essentials to stay home

Am on a Wim Hof Process...about 9 months now ....excuse the advertorial nature..

Can do 3 minute breath holds now
60 pressups in a breath.
cold (not that we have actual cold)...isn't cold

Good to see you, bud - awesome tribute to Gary, RIP always for him!

For you guys, that is a good amount of snow to deal with. But after the winter we just had up here in the North, well...yours is kinda funny!

I agree that when you get even a bit of snow with rain on top, it does get crazy slippery. Its never fun, no matter where you are.

Shannow, what's the elevation there at home? This wasn't the first time that you've posted pics of light snow down there, but it still seems so strange to someone like me. I'm not a world traveler.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back