6R80 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All...
I've read and seen a few videos on guys changing the oil in their cars/trucks with 6R80s. My situation is a bit different though. I purchased the trans from LKQ and it's been drained. I'll be mating it to a Coyote and I'd like to fill it before install. Any links, tips, advice, oil type, amount would be appreciated. I read when filling the motor should be running etc etc.... Mine won't be up and running just yet.
2017 6R80 (Mustang GT)
2016 Coyote 5.0 (Mustang GT)
Thanks In Advance

It specs Mercon LV.
Drop the pan & make sure the filter is in place (Wrecking yards are known to pull the filter)
Amount will vary depending on A LOT of variables......Count on needing a Case (12 quarts), With a empty pan.....Pour 5 quarts in, Then start the engine & check the level.

*MAKE SURE you have the spacer plate between the Engine & Trans!!
*Double check that the torque converter is seated all the way.

IIRC, you are also going to need to get the specific shift solenoid part numbers that are installed in that transmission and have them for calibration purposes programed to the PCM. Transmission replacement for that model is not just a plug and play affair.

Yes you need to reprogram the solenoids body ID and strategy. This can only be done with an IDS. Not sure if the latest snap on scanners will my software is not current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back