Turtle Wax Seal & Shine Spray

WM had the Turtle Wax Seal & Shine Spray on Roll Back ($6.43) , so I bought a bottle to try on my '17 Sonata : After wash & claying the car I used the Seal & Shine as per the directions (i.e. spray on & wipe off) . It's thin and water - like and smells a bit like rental carpet shampoo . I believe this streaks less than the Meg's Hybrid Wax which is thicker - (however not fair to compare as they are different products and applications) . After applying the 1st coat I let it cure 24 hours then applied a 2nd spray coat . There appears to be a bit more depth , shine and slickness after applying the 2nd coat . Next , I will put a top coat of Turtle Wax ICE (spray) which Turtle Wax states is fine to put over the Seal & Shine spray ... If I get 3 months out of it using Meg's Ultimate car soap as required then I will be happy . The Turtle Wax Seal & Shine and Turtle Wax ICE Spray are about as easy a product to apply , so we will see . I still like the Meg's Ultimate line of products and one day will give Fast Finish a try . *Admittedly , I'm beginning to drift over to the Turtle Wax line of easy to obtain consumer car care products - first with ICE and now with Seal & Shine as they are pleasant to use ... As I said , if I get three months out of an application and my paint appears happy - then I will become a new fan .

*Yes , the black bottle product ... Still waiting for the first rain and a car wash or two to see how it does shedding water & dirt .
Originally Posted by gregk24
If that is the black bottle product, then I also picked some up. So far, I am impressed.

It has amazing water beading but gives less shine than their Ice Spray Wax. Will be using it during the winter rainy months.

Originally Posted by Finklejag
It out performed two other higher price products.

Thanks for sharing the video - enjoyed watching it.

Unfortunately....what most of online videos DON'T feature is doing the same test 90 days later without any further treatment. If the panel was left outside or washed multiple times over 90 days (or a simulation of those conditions)...and then tested...you'd get a much more "real world" test as far as not only shine but more importantly...protection durability.

Many spray wax products show off shine and beading/water runoff after application. Those videos are for "Ooooo" and Ahhhhh" purposes, but don't actually demonstrate what the product is designed for - which is exterior surface protection..

Since many people do a detailing job periodically (depending on the products used, every 6 months or less)...a 90 day time-lapse test would be best to accurately judge the lasting protection effect...especially to compare with actual vehicle owner experiences.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
....a 90 day time-lapse test would be best to accurately judge the lasting protection effect.....

Agreed - but the results of the test are clearly impressive. I was just as impressed with the testing format as I was with the product!

Originally Posted by gizzsdad
Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
....a 90 day time-lapse test would be best to accurately judge the lasting protection effect.....

Agreed - but the results of the test are clearly impressive. I was just as impressed with the testing format as I was with the product!

Yes...it did appear to be pretty good video.

How well they protect after 30. 60, 90 days or more is where the durability proves itself in these kinds of products. There are a number of online videos that illustrate the durability of some products, and they demonstrate there are some substantial differences. They test using "wear simulation" with various cleaning products on top of spray wax finished applications...and some products start to lose their water repellent properties pretty quickly, while others hold up longer. That translates into how frequently spray wax products need to be re-applied, which also has time & cost factors.

What's encouraging is that more and more new spray wax products are being released...many of them with more UV and other protection. That's a good thing overall for everybody.

Just picked up a bottle this morning while at Wally World.
thumbsup2.gif

Got around to trying mine for the first time on the wifey's truck.

I can echo other's experience - easy application, good gloss and very good slickness.

If it lasts anywhere near what the youtube videos indicate - this is a home run and a terrific value.

I put a layer on my truck Sunday. Went on EXTREMELY easy. Hard to tell the gloss on a white truck, but it looked good. My truck still had a coating of Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax that was still beading water very well. The surface had just lost some of the slickness that it had. The Seal and Shine put back that slickness and then some. No rain here yet, so not sure what the beading looks like, but overall I'm happy with it and the price is great!

I'm glad to see TW get some love. A lot of the negative online chatter about TW being inferior is likely way overblown. Autogeek put out a professional detailing video on YouTube in the past week stating the best wax is what you know and like. I agree with that. Shine on.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Looks as good as new if not better.
smile.gif

SatinSilver
What kind of tree is that in the background? There are several of the same variety.

Nice sparkling shine.

I've used Meguairs ultimate, mothers carnauba, rejex, meguairs ceramic spray, and various others. This TW product is literally the only one I can say has legit pleased me with how it holds up and performs.

I purchased some Turtle wax Jet Black the other day and decided to use it on my wife's 17 black Impala. The car had received a waxing of Collinite 845 a few months ago so I thought I'd see if I could make it pop again with this spray wax/detailer.

Overall, I was impressed. The car definitely popped and revitalized the look. It was fairly easy on/off as well.

Obviously not the same stuff as the Turle wax Seal and Shine but for the price, I was real happy with it.
cheers3.gif

https://www.turtlewax.com/our-products/jet-black/turtle-wax-jet-black-spray-wax/

turtle.png

Last edited:
Back