Bought a truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the color as well, I've seen a few Tacomas and Civics around that are gray but not an F150 yet.

Originally Posted by JTK
Those aren't considered 4-doors?

It's NOT A CREW CAB.

Nice truck! I really like the way the Super Cabs look, I'm glad Ford stuck with the suicide doors.

I will admit I wasn't a fan of Abyss Gray at first, but it has grown on me.

Congrats, love the colour
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks y'all! Love it. Will probably add the factory Kicker subwoofer. There is apparently a connector in the back so it is all plug and play. Will just have to turn on the Subwoofer in the ForScan tool. And will prob add LED bulbs to the plate lights, rear/turn signals and front marker lights. Some splash guards and Weather tech mats.

Wonder how the Cocoa brown Weather Tech mats would look in this truck (all black interior).

I installed the Kicker in my 2016 XLT. At least for that year, it was all plug n play with the one Forscan change. I had the 7 speaker setup in my Crewcab and and for me, the subwoofer filled in the bottom end that was missing. It is not a rattle the windows kind of subwoofer, but it does the job IMHO. No idea if the same plugs, etc... are all still there on the later models...

redhat: Outstanding truck! Excellent choice on your part. I don't own a truck, so I don't have a dog in the fight WRT which half-ton truck is best, but that doesn't keep me from having an opinion. And in my (oh-so-humble) opinion, having read countless articles on the work that Ford put into its two Ecoboost motors -- i.e., prototyping, engineering, testing, production and development over the past six years -- I could not be more impressed. I distinctly remember thinking that Ford (and, specifically, Alan Mulally) was putting its entire company on the line with the commitment to the 3.5L twin-turbocharged six cylinder, and that motor, and now the 2.7-liter motor, have both turned out to be superb.

So, enjoy your new truck. It looks great, and I hope it proves to be everything you want in a half-ton truck.

Originally Posted by MNgopher
I installed the Kicker in my 2016 XLT. At least for that year, it was all plug n play with the one Forscan change. I had the 7 speaker setup in my Crewcab and and for me, the subwoofer filled in the bottom end that was missing. It is not a rattle the windows kind of subwoofer, but it does the job IMHO. No idea if the same plugs, etc... are all still there on the later models...

Cool, I'm assuming ForScan will be my friend going forward. Just used it yesterday to turn off the hyperflash for LED bulbs in the tails.

Originally Posted by Hounds
redhat: Outstanding truck! Excellent choice on your part. I don't own a truck, so I don't have a dog in the fight WRT which half-ton truck is best, but that doesn't keep me from having an opinion. And in my (oh-so-humble) opinion, having read countless articles on the work that Ford put into its two Ecoboost motors -- i.e., prototyping, engineering, testing, production and development over the past six years -- I could not be more impressed. I distinctly remember thinking that Ford (and, specifically, Alan Mulally) was putting its entire company on the line with the commitment to the 3.5L twin-turbocharged six cylinder, and that motor, and now the 2.7-liter motor, have both turned out to be superb.

So, enjoy your new truck. It looks great, and I hope it proves to be everything you want in a half-ton truck.

Thank you, I love it so far. Pretty nice to be driving a truck that sits up. Don't know if I could go back to driving a car as a daily driver again. The 2.7 EB is a little monster.

Originally Posted by redhat

...I love it so far. Pretty nice to be driving a truck that sits up. Don't know if I could go back to driving a car as a daily driver again. The 2.7 EB is a little monster.

Isn't that the truth once you get spoiled with the spacious cab, commanding view, high ride height and springy ride? Especially when you're a bigger guy.

About the only time I miss my smaller vehicles is for parking. My 2017 Ram 1500 turns nice and tight in parking situations, but it's way bigger than my previous 5 vehicles.

I did go from say ~30mpg to low 20s in terms of my fuel costs, but that hasn't been a huge burden that I feel too badly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JTK
Originally Posted by redhat

...I love it so far. Pretty nice to be driving a truck that sits up. Don't know if I could go back to driving a car as a daily driver again. The 2.7 EB is a little monster.

Isn't that the truth once you get spoiled with the spacious cab, commanding view, high ride height and springy ride? Especially when you're a bigger guy.

About the only time I miss my smaller vehicles is for parking. My 2017 Ram 1500 turns nice and tight in parking situations, but it's way bigger than my previous 5 vehicles.

I did go from say ~30mpg to low 20s in terms of my fuel costs, but that hasn't been a huge burden that I feel too badly.

My Accord was usually 26-34 (highway) MPG, however, it's service as my DD was ended around June of 2018. I did plan on making it the primary runner for my needs again, but... we never got there. With that said, having the Taurus as the DD since July '18 to present has kept me pretty consistently around 19-23 MPG. This new 2.7 EB F150 is yielding about the SAME MPG (WOW!). So I am very content there.

Another thing you and I commonly know about is our fabulous WNY road infrastructure. Sure seems like the truck takes potholes much better than any car.

I have yet to take the truck on the Irving Rez section of the 90. I don't have the heart to, LOL. So I am content with taking Rt. 5 back when I go for my weekly fuel run to Catt-Rez.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Driving in a truck is a lot more comfortable for me and the kids have plenty of room.

Couldn't agree more. Plus it is no so much easier to load the 4-wheeler up, go riding, haul a trans or motor, set of wheels... etc. The possibilities are endless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back