2020 Chevy Trailblazer

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Can anyone say CAMARO front-end copy and paste?

I wish they'd stop with these soccer-mom cars and build something substantial. Like the Blazer going from a real off-road SUV to a mall cruiser. I'd be more ok with it if they didn't take the name of proven vehicles and turn them into something they weren't.

Car and Driver Link

The name is an interesting choice, but I really like the vehicle. I sure hope they offer the 2.0T in it.

I wonder how many of the "real" trucks went off road, back in the day. That new vehicle doesn't look like anything I'd want to take off road. Then again, 20-30 years ago I probably wouldn't drive something off the lot and off onto the trails either (not until it got scratched up a bit).

I don't care much for the look but I've seen worse. Not sure why it needs such a large grill, IMO it would look better with a bumper (even if it really wasn't one).

I wouldn't own it, but it's a far better driver than this piece of junk:

[Linked Image]

They still sell the Ford Explorer but it's some unibody 4 cyl turbo thing now. This trailblazer looks like its trying to fit in a similar spot in the lineup.

GM has been building overpriced vehicles with cheap parts for some time, + thats surely just another IMO!

Originally Posted by benjy
GM has been building overpriced vehicles with cheap parts for some time, + thats surely just another IMO!

This is exactly what the OP wanted starting this useless bash …

Originally Posted by eljefino
They still sell the Ford Explorer but it's some unibody 4 cyl turbo thing now. This trailblazer looks like its trying to fit in a similar spot in the lineup.

Huh?

The Explorer has been a unibody since 2011 (shared architecture with the Taurus and Flex), and has a 4 cylinder ecoboost engine, the 3.5 NA or the 3.5 Ecoboost available. It competes against the GMC Acadia / Chevy Traverse.

The new Tralblazer slots in below an Equinox - which is like a Ford Escape.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by benjy

This is exactly what the OP wanted starting this useless bash …

Sure, you can go ahead and make up whatever you want.

I have nothing against GM.

I just hate them using the names of vehicles and drastically changing the car's purpose and abilities.

What's next? Bring back the Lumina and turn it into a pickup truck? The Cavalier is next a minivan? The Avalanche as a 2 door sporty FWD car?

Originally Posted by dishdude
The name is an interesting choice, but I really like the vehicle. I sure hope they offer the 2.0T in it.

I prefer the China version:

486174DD-624D-4005-A2D3-59A7A4F53765.jpeg

Originally Posted by eljefino

The new Explorer went back to RWD
19.gif

As far as this Blazer is concerned, what a dud! They should've brought over the international Trailblazer (based on the Colorado)

[Linked Image]

Not a fan of all the junk being pumped out with respectable nameplates for quick cash.

The TrailBlazer, and the rest of the GMT360 platform for that matter, was a midsize, body-on-frame SUV with an inline six that was way ahead of its time. The LM4 ('03-'04) and LH6 ('05-'09) were optional 5.3L engines, and an LS2 ('06-'09) was available in the SS trim.

I'm old fashioned, and if I'm buying a truck, I expect it to be a truck. I wasn't a fan of the '02-'10 Explorer (I owned an '10) because the 4.0L Cologne didn't have the same "guts" as the 4.2L Atlas, and I frankly wasn't a fan of the IRS, which I also have in my Expedition. The shift to the Traverse, IMO, was the beginning of the end - here's the hoping the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Escalade does not get butchered the same way other offers lower down the hierarchy have been. In fact, I hope GM has the guts to drop in the 3.0L Duramax turbo diesel as an option on the fullsize SUVs.

I have nothing against a powerful inline 4, I just don't find unibody construction and a front wheel drive based powertrain in an "SUV" application, with optional FWD bias AWD/FWD, appealing. Then again, these days it's all about pairing your iPhone with your car under the umbrella of "infotainment" and tons of driver aids, making lesser qualified drivers feel dependent on technology to cover their own stupidity and lack of driving skill.

I'm sure that the new Blazer and Trailblazer will be miles better than their previous iterations, and will perform excellently in the tasks that 99% of their buyer will purchase them for.

Are people really concerned that these new cars won't be as capable as the mid-90's trash that preceded it? Gimme a break.

Back