Is Ford moving away from their 'Specialty Orange' (Dexclone) coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...KIK is a multi-faceted consumer goods company -.....but bleach is a commodity good, and so is antifreeze.....
As I posted the KIK link, all that information can be seen/found there along with the bleach reference. But thanks for the tip on bleach being a "commodity good" .
56.gif

Main point was/is, and 'afaik' that information not seen in this sub-forum before, no longer associated with Rank Group/Fram. Beyond that other than for information purposes for those reading, irrelevant to me. As noted, unimpressed with their attempt to pawn off Prestone labeled for Toyota and Honda (both included in post) as true Asian PHOATs. 'IMO', seems like false advertising. Unlike Toyota, Honda makes no vague recommendation about AF.

So can we assume that the new Motorcraft (gold or yellow) coolant is a P-HOAT with 2-EHA?.....maybe even the same product as Prestone Corguard?

I know that many of us thought that Prestone's Dexcool used to be very similar to their AMAM....I would assume that's no longer the case as the Dexcool shouldn't have phosphates.

I read the 'Ford Fusion' fleet testing article on Prestone Corguard and it does seem quite good.

The orange is apparently compatible to Ford's WSS-M97B44-D2, as well as GM 6277M and ASTM D 3306.

A while back I couldn't find it so filled one of those generic red "use for any car" coolants, Purolator's Puroguard. While I couldn't find a spec for it online and was in too much of a hurry to note what specific spec, that time .. ASTM D 3306 seems to be pretty standard for those generic red OAT coolants as well.

Should I drain and refill with orange, or leave it? I don't see my car (2014 Fiesta with a 1.5 duratorq aka powerstroke engine) overheating or such, so far in the past month or so I've used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back