Sams Club's new Prime Series motor oil

Anyone checked to see who makes it? I haven't cracked open a case to look at the bottle yet...

I would be surprised if it didn’t come from the same maker as Supertech.

Anyway all the Sams Clubs are closed in this neck of the country.

Sams Club "Certified" was made by Warren here in SC, now they switched to this new one.
I looked at the container a while ago and I am pretty sure I saw no mention or symbols indicating Warren... not as interested this time around as I stocked up on Chevron for the year because Sams Club did not have a 5/30 oil on the shelves during the transition to the new branded oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by danez_yoda
No mention of dexos

My Sam's started carrying a 0W-20 d1G2 flavor.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by bityw
Originally Posted by danez_yoda
No mention of dexos

My Sam's started carrying a 0W-20 d1G2 flavor.
[Linked Image]

That is a good price.

Not bad pricing for quart bottles but still cheaper per quart for the SuperTech 5 quart jugs sold in the Walmart stores.

Unless you need individual quarts I would rather have the 6qt quick change box of Havoline Pro Ds for the same price.

NOTE: These are not "SYNBLEND" like 5W-30.
Havoline is $14.97 for 6 quarts or $2.495 a quart.
Prime Series is $21.18 for 12 quarts or $1.765 a quart.
So the savings is there.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is probably regional, as Amalie is a Tampa Florida company.

Every time I have checked the supertech or walmart/sams oils in Texas they were either Warren, or Citgo.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Still waiting on Costco "Kirkland" brand oil made by Warren

If they price it to compete with Walmart Supertech & Amazon Prime, there will be buyers.

Originally Posted by JustinH
This is probably regional, as Amalie is a Tampa Florida company.

Every time I have checked the supertech or walmart/sams oils in Texas they were either Warren, or Citgo.

It looks like Energex Lubricants is out of DeLand, so it doesn't seem far-fetched for them to be distributing an Amalie product.

https://www.energexlubricants.com/contact.html

Back