Denso radiator still good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they? Back then i wouldn't even think twice but i've been hearing so many of them just break within the year or come with off-centered alignment points.

Enough for me to consider getting another brand like Spectra or TYC( but i doubt TYC makes these). Price point all similar.

If it wasn't a 15 year old daily driver, i would try to source a all metal one but not the case. Should i just grab a Denso?

I did a OEM T-stat about 2 years back, maybe i should do the upper/lower hose as well. Anything else to do while i'm in there.

[Linked Image]

Radiators today are priced incredibly cheap. 20 years ago you paid neally $200 for an average rad. Now some are under $50 but junkyards still want $100 for a used one.

So far I have not had any trouble with Denso radiators. I don't do a lot of them anymore, probably about a dozen in the last couple of years but they all fit well and no leaky tanks.

I replaced the radiator on my 4Runner with a Denso unit a year ago. All good. Be sure and replace your hoses and thermostat at the same time.

I just replaced the original (?) radiator in a 2004 Sentra with a $50 Denso from Amazon.
Bigger and better than the original. Nice piece.

I just bought a denso for my Lexus. Still waiting for it to arrive but I haven't heard anything bad about them

I put a Denso radiator and condenser in the Civic a week or two ago. (road debris)

The radiator was identical to the OEM except for no "Honda" on the top tank and COO (China). Incidentally I put a Honda (Acura) radiator in the RL a while back and it was also a China Denso and not exactly like the OE.

New one from Toyota Dealer for $200 working fine for a few months now on my 01 Tacoma. Original lasted 18 years, hope this does too!

FWIW the Denso aftermarket ones I got for my old Sienna and the ECHO were identical in appearance to the OEM Toyota originals. Who knows if they really were or not but they appeared as though they were.

Originally Posted by Ed_Flecko
Did you figure out what caused your radiator failure to begin with?

Ed

My OE radiator is slowly leaking. A little mini pool of coolant on top where the plastic parts are to the metal.

I started smelling coolant last week and when i crawled under yesterday to do my oil change, i traced it to the top.

Seems to be a normal problem as i've seen like 3-4 cars do exactly this.

I think i'm going to just go with the Denso and new upper/lower radiator hose.

I put a Denso in my Mazda about a year ago. It was made in either China or Taiwan, I can't remember which. It appeared to be of good quality and a perfect fit. I have not had any problems with it and would not hesitate to buy another one.

Originally Posted by boom10ful
They're mostly Chinese but I haven't had a problem with them. If you want Taiwanese, they get TYC.

I'd pick an OEM Denso from China over a TYC from Taiwan. Nothing wrong with Taiwan or TYC but hey, OEM has to be better.

I'm still [censored] at CSF for the "all metal" radiator that fit like poop and leak way too early. Their plastic is ok but I'm still bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back