Home Depot Sells Auto Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm looks like there expanding.

I wonder if ACE Hardware knows about this.
lol.gif

Nice! That might help keep Amazon, Advance Auto, Auto Zone, and Rock Auto, to name a few, in check.

Prices are outrageously high. Compared price of a Raybestos R-line front rotor between HD and Rock Auto. HD was close to $36 and RA was $13.xx. Yes, if you can get HD to match the price, then it would be ok, especially if you factor in free shipping.

I'm guessing those 10% off $299.00 coupons could come in handy, maybe a quick jack system in my future.

Yep HD no price leader these days...having said that I recently ordered a King size Cool-Gel Mattress from them, picked it up at store, as opposed to pure online
so if needed I could exercise the 90 day trial and not have to ship it back.

Just received a set of Lexus GX470 OEM factory brake pads (not the knock-off Toyota aftermarket ceramic) from Parts Monster $100

Well my. Speaking of Home Depot I went into mine today and it looks like they are going cashier less. All new checkout stands. I'm going to miss shopping at Home Depot if that happens.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Well my. Speaking of Home Depot I went into mine today and it looks like they are going cashier less. All new checkout stands. I'm going to miss shopping at Home Depot if that happens.

Yep, I recently went to my local HD and got what I wanted and went to check out and was like... [censored] happened!!?? Like just a few weeks prior I'd been there and it was still normal. I don't like the direction that is going.

A search for a 1959 Gibson Les Paul guitar ( the Holy Grail of guitars) took me to Sears website once. It seams these sites put everything under the sun as part of their internet inventory.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

Same here, every time I go it seems there are less cashiers. I make it a point to go to HD very early in the morning, the same goes for WMT. In and out fast, I don't like shopping with the masses, and I do more and more business online with both stores.

I found this out by accident last night while shopping for shocks & struts for the Mazda. Their price for the shocks matched RockAuto, so I spared myself drama with UPS losing yet another one of my packages, and ordered a set, ship-to-store. Very surprising.

Originally Posted by WylieCoyote
I found this out by accident last night while shopping for shocks & struts for the Mazda. Their price for the shocks matched RockAuto, so I spared myself drama with UPS losing yet another one of my packages, and ordered a set, ship-to-store. Very surprising.

I also think if there is a problem with the part, returning it to the HD where you had the item shipped to would be a lot easier than returning a part to RA. If HD price matches the competition I have a feeling I will be doing a lot more business with them, less cashiers, or not.
smile.gif

My local HD has a rather large auto section. Just general stuff like car care, fluids, chems, wipers, batteries etc. Sometimes it works in a pinch because they're open until 10pm. And I don't always get out of NYC to home until 9pm when the parts stores are closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back