FL500S VS TG10575

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Tough Guard cause it's FRAM made

Hey hey... times changed for sure lol

Baveux, 53' Stude has experience with a lot of Frams and non-Frams. For him to say Fram is OK means something.
As for Motorcraft, there is some evidence on bitog they may get holes in their media, not good, being made by Purolator, same.
Actually, I'd use a Fram Ultra XG10575, my fav for it's construction and 4548-12 test rating. ... If you use the TG, it does have a better 4548-12 than the Motorcraft, another reason to go with Fram.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Baveux, 53' Stude has experience with a lot of Frams and non-Frams. For him to say Fram is OK means something.
As for Motorcraft, there is some evidence on bitog they may get holes in their media, not good, being made by Purolator, same.
Actually, I'd use a Fram Ultra XG10575, my fav for it's construction and 4548-12 test rating. ... If you use the TG, it does have a better 4548-12 than the Motorcraft, another reason to go with Fram.

Thank You sir. I still though use MC FL910S on the girls 2011 Camry without issue. In fact just put some M1 EP she splurged on (0w20 flavor) with a FL 90S. Will go 10k probably.

Originally Posted by Baveux

Speak for yourself. Times change for most folks. People on the other hand dont; they just believe marketing and b.s.

Get the TG
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Baveux

Speak for yourself. Times change for most folks. People on the other hand dont; they just believe marketing and b.s.

Hey dont take me wrong !!!

I was away from this board for many months, and at the time everything painted orange or made by Fram was ch...

Personnaly that never stop me to use their product and some other brand. Marketing does not influence me at all. ( most of the time ) :)

I was just surprised by the new trend here on Bitogs, iVe read many post on various discussion and fram is often recommended now, so...yes time change and filter quality have improved at fram ... all good for us .... thanks for your feedback

Baveux: yeah, some folks refuse to acknowledge Purolator makes junk yes. Nothing wrong with FRAM products either

The 500S (and 400S) don't seem particularly prone to the issues the large filters have had.

Nothing at all wrong with the TG, it is a good filter. But I'm not afraid of a 500S either.

Most economical solution is probably the XG and run it twice as long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back