Diesel injector cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

Since we have plenty of chemists and other engineers here......I would like to know if anybody knows what in general makes "diesel injector cleaner"....I know that gassers have "PEA" something
smile.gif

According to many machanics (some of them I know personally) that particular cleaner really helps.
I dont want to advertise anything...so mods if you think that my post is inapropriate or something....you can modify/delete it!!! You cant even get that "over the pond"....
Its "antigrippante25" from Teck
[Linked Image]

I want to clean one possibly stuck injector on my LC.... I guess that because LC smokes (blue/-grey-ish smoke witha a smell of unburnt diesel) only at startup and ONLY when its engine is cold ( so lets say its first statup in the morning).

So plan is to do proper clean of its injection system like that...

I tried to turn the internet around......but didnt find anything helpfull what that "antigrippante25" is! Is it some kind of ester.....repacked TCW3 2 stroke oil....?

Tnx in advance!

I had a gasser before and used those from time to time (gasoline injector cleaners).....they are definitely not the same....
smile.gif

For a gasser it comes like a gasoline (same flow properties).......I used that antigrippante25 in the past...but just as a preventative......never did a "full" clean of my injection system...

That additive is similar to the diesel fuel.....or like 2stroke oil...its just more viscous.

In YT video above that diesel engine is runing on it (100% almost).....

Last edited:
Not sure about the chemistry but those product available in other country (Slovenie EU) not necessarily available in the US.

And vice versa
smile.gif
btw our Petrol has texaco products...

And boys....I am not searching any new injector cleaner because we have that and it works...

I just want to know if anybody knows what it is made of...

Since a bottle of that cleaner is between 25-30euros....and one liter of TCW-3 oil is like around 5euros....

Originally Posted by Kamele0N
...and one liter of TCW-3 oil is like around 5euros....

30ml of TCW-3 per 4 liters (~1 US gallon) is how I mix the 2-cylce oil in Diesel

I just add Schaeffer Diesel Treat with each fill. Summer version 1 oz per 15 gallons. Winter version 1 oz per 7.5 gallons. Adds about 2 cents to the price of each gallon of diesel. My commercial engine just turned 971,000 and still has original injectors. Still works every day. Never added a specific injector cleaner.

If you can find a SDS (Safety Data Sheet) on it, it would give you clues. Naptha is a common ingredient in Diesel fuel system cleaners

An easy way to do a more concentrated cleaning is when you replace the fuel filter, you prime the fuel filter with the diesel fuel additive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kamele0N
Hey

...I would like to know if anybody knows what in general makes "diesel injector cleaner"....I know that gassers have "PEA" something
smile.gif

Most of these treatments contain Petroleum Distillates, Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Alkyl Nitrates, and about 7 other decarbonizers and solvents.

Similar to gasoline fuel additives except these components are in greater concentration.

I have used Kreen with great success. A quart in oil and run 500 miles. Run 8 oz in fuel. I had a Benz (OM606motor) with almost 300k miles and had morning Injector knocks it also had moderate blowby . All cleared up after the 500 miles oil change.
As a PM I continue to use Kreen in fuel on my CDI.

Originally Posted by MolaKule

Similar to gasoline fuel additives except these components are in greater concentration.

So what is intended for use in a diesel can be also used in a gasoline engine? Or "naphta destilate" prevents you to use a diesel additive in a gasser?

On another forum we found original producer of that "TECK" or "FCAR" variant of antigrippante25.......its Syneco from Italy...

http://syneco.it/prodotto/professional-077-additive/

Thats Italy.....so they dont speak "Amerikano"
smile.gif
(usually it is like that in 99.9% of cases....io non parla Inglese)

Dunno if ebay shipps over the pond...but just in case: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ADDITIVO-PER-GASOLIO-DIESEL-SBLOCCANTE-E-PULENTE-SYNECO-PROFESSIONAL-077-1-LITRO/173911706456?hash=item287df20b58:g:7RYAAOSwk9Nc5rCf

Well, if it your diesel engine has lost a some bit of pep. What if it's not getting as good of gas mileage you should probably get diesel fuel injector cleaner because that stuff really does work. I've heard of people using it on old 79 Mack trucks and they still get clean inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back