DTD treated me like a king over a $34 tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a set of four tires 11 months ago through their eBay storefront in order to use a 15% sitewide coupon. Stashed them away. Mounted them up last weekend-- one was not round. 1/4-inch runout as seen on my balancer. It balanced okay... 1/2 ounce.

So I drove on it it to make sure. Yeah it rode awful.

Tires are Milestar something-or-others, and I'm happy with the other three.

Called DTD up, waited 1/2 hour on hold on the phone, but the rep was quick and courteous to hook me up with a replacement.

They're taking my word for it, too, and sending me a replacement even ahead of my shipping them their dud with their prepaid return label. I'll get to that this weekend.

They might not be stunningly cheap on holiday weekends anymore, but their customer service remains amazing.

Glad to hear they still have good customer service
thumbsup2.gif

Good job, DTD.

On the other hand, a local DT sold me two 2+ year old tires for $380 this past weekend. They are ordering me new ones after I complained. I suppose I should have been upfront about wanting fresher tires. I just assumed DT is a high volume seller and wouldn't have old stock in a fairly common size.

Though I've never dealt with DTD, having dealt with b&m DT for many years, can't say I'm surprised. Ime, what I consider going above and beyond to keep a customer satisfied, SOP. Overall, probably the best customer service I've received over a long period of time.

I was also very satisfied with my recent purchase from Discount Tire in Chesapeake VA. Bought four Kumho Road Venture AT51 all terrain tires 245/65/17 for $109 each plus $20 each for M&B. Plus they replaced all four TPMS sensors for $60 each, while other tire dealers and the Honda dealer wanted $135 and up. And I was in and out of the store in less than an hour.

Just this afternoon on the way home from wife's hearing appointment we swung into DT so I could ask about getting rotation/balance. Told the guy I been wanting to make an appointment but lately we been taking care of wife's various appointments, and never know how long they take, so was wondering how long the wait would be. He said they would have us done in about 30-45 minutes, great. So we walked to a close sandwich shop and had lunch and walking back my SUV was just pulling out all done. Perfect timing (rarely happens with us) to get lunch and off to next appointment, getting the rotation/balance done while having lunch.
DT has always done me right. Just felt good to get it done during our run around and not have to work an appointment later on.

DT usually does a good job. I had my first bad round of experiences. First my cooper ATPs were defective. Hard t balance and a lot of road noise. Got some new Hankook AT2s and they ride terrible. Also they beat the heck out of all 4 wheels now I got scratches and missing paint. A little upset but I am going to call and talk to them later today and see what happens. Up until now I have had nothing but good experiences.

Local store manager had a record of my tire being delivered but couldn't immediately locate it in his shop and was going to call me back "as soon as possible". That was six years ago. I don't even have the car any more. I'm still waiting for that call.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
On the other hand, a local DT sold me two 2+ year old tires for $380 this past weekend. They are ordering me new ones after I complained. I suppose I should have been upfront about wanting fresher tires. I just assumed DT is a high volume seller and wouldn't have old stock in a fairly common size.

Got a call from DT today, "Sir, your new tires came in. Please come to have them installed."
Me: "Great. What are the date codes?"
DT: "They're from 2017. We'll order again and call you when they come in."

Ugh.

Got a call from DT today, "Sir, your new tires came in. Please come to have them installed."

Ugh.

At least they are working on it. They took a look at my wheels from last thursday.. after 30 seconds of looking they concluded it was their fault and they are buying me a brand new set.

Ugh.

Another set came in, again from 2017.

This seems to be a Continental policy and not really DT fault at this point. Conti has a FIFO approach in their wearhouse, which means they may have newer stock in there, but they won't release it until older stock is pushed out first. I think I'm stuck with my 2017 tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back