FBI just called me! Phone Scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The agent with the Indian accent left a msg. Said that my SSN has been suspended and that I'm going to be arrested if I don't pay them now.

Wonder if they want a Check or Walmart gift cards? What ever shall I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by Chris142
The agent with the Indian accent left a msg. Said that my SSN has been suspended and that I'm going to be arrested if I don't pay them now.

Wonder if they want a Check or Walmart gift cards? What ever shall I do?

Are you sure it was the FBI? It's usually the IRS. In any event, you should ask them for their badge number.

I'm waiting for them to call me - I want to ask how soon they can get here to arrest me. I can use the time off from work.

That's nothing, I had a Nigerian Prince email me. I just couldn't make it to the bank to send him some money.

Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
Usually they want payment in bitcoins

Yes they'll have to settle for semi precious metals if they come here. Lead and brass!

I had an unknown, rich uncle die not that long ago who listed me as sole recipient of his vast estate. I did not want the money though, I was heartbroken at my loss.

so much communication is non-verbal.....
once you hear that call center background hum & listen to the accent,
what more needs to be heard?
I thought Indians were supposed to be smart.
If you're trying to scam me, don't half-[censored] it, mmkay? Some effort please.

Last edited:
I had the IRS call me a while back. I asked his name and in his best "The Simpson's donut shop owner " voice said.......Bryan!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by vw7674
so much communication is non-verbal.....
once you hear that call center background hum & listen to the accent,
what more needs to be heard?
I thought Indians were supposed to be smart.
If you're trying to scam me, don't half-[censored] it, mmkay? Some effort please.

They are smart. If you're not smart enough to figure it out, then you're exactly the type of person they want to talk to. Only the ones dumb enough to believe it will stay on the line with them so that's why they get mad if you string them along.

I have had about 6 calls in the past two day. From two different numbers. I blocked them both. Both were recordings leaving a number that I have to call. Yeah Okay.

I guess it's the season...I'm getting blasted with IRS scam robocalls asking to "push 1" if I "want to hear about why the IRS has suspended by SS#"...like someone said above, at least make it believable and don't ask me 'if I wanna hear about it'. I've also got a few Mandarin-speaking messages in between these calls which I'd assume are coming from the same scammers.

Some of the funniest things I've ever read are on the 419eater.com counter-scam website. These deal mostly w/ the Nigerian scams but the efforts and time some of these guys put in to elaborately counter-scam them is hilarious. It's dangerous to go on that site without ending up on the floor.

I kept getting the call where they said the IRS is going to send the "local cops" to come arrest me in 3 days because there was an problem with my taxes and I needed to pay them promptly - lol. Sure, send the "local cops" over to my door so I can talk to them.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
IRS is going to send the "local cops" to come arrest me
Time to have fun with them. Tell'em "I'm barricading myself in and won't go easy....." or "Locked And Loaded, John Wick style, man...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back