Brake Bleeder Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have Toyota and Lexus stuff. I have the Motive Brake Bleeder system from 10 years ago. The cap I got with it originally involves wire straps and such. Sorta sucks. No, it really sucks.

Is there a better system where the cap I use on the cars in my sig will screw on or snap on and prevent a lot of mess?

I think Motive has vehicle-specific caps/adapters. Look here. You're just using the "universal" adapter.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
I think Motive has vehicle-specific caps/adapters. Look here. You're just using the "universal" adapter.

I'm using 1101 with the chains. Yuck...

That is there "Toyota" lid.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Speed Bleed

PERFECT!! Great advice.

$83 delivered. I was concerned about needing an air tank but their video showed a guy hooking up the air pressure line to his tire.

No more pumping and having an adapter that actually fits my cars.

Originally Posted by eagle23
+1 on speed bleeders

Thanks!

i have both a motive and vacuum bleeder. i bought the motive for the BMW and it works well for that. the vacuum bleeder i use for everything else. seems to work just as well as the motive. one thing i have always worried about the motive is a leak in the bottle or hose spraying brake fluid everywhere . this won't happen with vacuum bleeder.

Originally Posted by Gebo
Speed Bleed

PERFECT!! Great advice.

$83 delivered. I was concerned about needing an air tank but their video showed a guy hooking up the air pressure line to his tire.

You don't have an air compressor? to me an air compressor is essential piece of kit for any car guy

Originally Posted by WhyMe
Speed Bleed

PERFECT!! Great advice.

You don't have an air compressor? to me an air compressor is essential piece of kit for any car guy

My last one rusted out and it hasn't been a priority. You make me feel emasculated
banana2.gif

Just kidding. I think I'll show your post to my wife.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by E150GT
Russell Speed bleeders work well. too. The bleed valves with check valves in them

01.gif

speed bleeders are awesome
smile.gif

My last one rusted out and it hasn't been a priority. You make me feel emasculate

But how will you get your tire back to the correct pressure ?
grin.gif

My last one rusted out and it hasn't been a priority. You make me feel emasculate

grin.gif

I have one of those "cigarette lighter" air compressors.
19.gif

grin.gif

I have one of those "cigarette lighter" air compressors.
19.gif

My grandad had one of those hoses that screwed into a sparkplug hole and let the engine compress the air for his tires, etc.

Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
My grandad had one of those hoses that screwed into a sparkplug hole and let the engine compress the air for his tires, etc.

Was it Argon by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back