Titanium brake caliper test. HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably no advantage over the carbon rotors except maybe not need initial heat to work well like the carbon/carbon used in racing. Weight of titanium calipers versus composite/steel?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DukeOfFrontenac
Cool video. Regardless, I don't see a Gucci loafer ever putting that much pressure on a brake pedal.
Gucci sandal in the deserts of SA might need to avoid a camel or two.

What's more impressive to me is that the brake fluid didn't boil at almost 1,900 degrees F. rotor temps, and the fact that the brake pads and rotor survived.

I'd like to see what happens if they spray water on the whole assembly by simulating driving through a small puddle, rain, etc.

smile.gif

Ed

Bugatti makes huge, heavy, very powerful cars. They certainly need good brakes.

I love the idea of super lightweight calipers with great rigidity.

Originally Posted by Ed_Flecko
I'd like to see what happens if they spray water on the whole assembly by simulating driving through a small puddle, rain, etc.

smile.gif

Ed

Nothing. Nothing would happen. This is torture testing, and race cars race in the rain all the time.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by Ed_Flecko

smile.gif

Ed

Nothing. Nothing would happen. This is torture testing, and race cars race in the rain all the time.

If you read through various rule books for different racing sanctioning bodies, most have a provision that says "no water cooled brakes" as a nod to that controversy in F1 years ago.

Originally Posted by DukeOfFrontenac
Cool video. Regardless, I don't see a Gucci loafer ever putting that much pressure on a brake pedal.

I know some people with Bugatti's. They bought them to use them, not just to pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back