Buying Installing Tires at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have any input with buying Tires at Walmart online and having the tires delivered to Walmart and installing them. like everything else it seems Walmart has the best prices on tires that I want and road hazard and rotation service. they have also offered a walmart credit card with $25 credit with online purchase for $75 or more. Can any other Tire dealer online equal the value that walmart offers.

Walmart is great for tires!

Besides the good price and easy ordering, they are good because they don't zip it down with an air gun like most places do!
mad.gif

Walmart actually uses correct torque
happy2.gif

The only bad thing is that you often have to wait 3-4 hours since the line is always so long! Sometimes they stop taking customers at 2

Just dont vary from their policy.. if the size isnt on the door jam they wont install it.

If you buy tires from them its $15/tire... if u bring your own its $25/tire..

I had no problem buying tires for my civic that were a different size.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Just dont vary from their policy.. if the size isnt on the door jam they wont install it.

Originally Posted by jrvn
anyone have any input with buying Tires at Walmart online and having the tires delivered to Walmart and installing them.....

found some really good price on special one time (walmart.com) - and did as above; they did great job (and was able to make appointment for the install online).

I've done it a few times when I find a deal on a tire through WM. Tough to find a better price on no-namers and some name brands. Having them install them is first come first served like most tire places, so you need to go into it knowing you might be there for a few hours. I've brought them just wheels and my own set of TPMS and they did the job no problem and offered to program the TPMS free if I bring the vehicle back in.

Last edited:
My mother in law computer illiterate was directed by the TLE employee to order a single tire online and save $20/tire. She had set of 4 but one bad.

Her experience was excellent however they are finicky on tires being in good condition and she had to order another tire.

She liked the texting of online orders status on Walmart.com as she rocks a flip phone I owned like 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
Walmart wont put on tires that are a different size than what came on the car originally, They wanted me to put 215/75/15's on my Jeep!

Yep. You have to bring in just the wheels if it's a non-OEM size you want on there.

Last edited:
Walmart wont put on tires that are a different size than what came on the car originally, They wanted me to put 215/75/15's on my Jeep!

I think for the 95% of people out there they are doing them a favor.

Walmart wont put on tires that are a different size than what came on the car originally...

I think it's more appropriate to say that in your experience this is the case.

In my experience and that of others here, the opposite is true.
TLE manager stated to me that the policy was in place for many years and that it has been relaxed in the recent past.
cheers3.gif

Yup. People with the AMC built XJs are really in trouble. those had 195-75-15 specified on the door. That size doesn't exist any more.

This will probably vary greatly from tire to tire, but the tires I have used for years and years have been bought at Americas Tire, when they offer a mfg rebate, along with another rebate from AT when I buy with their store cc, each rebate has usually been $30-60). They also have a nice promo running all the time, where tires put on their store cc can be paid off 6 months interest free if a certain minimum is met (something like $300 or $400), and if you spend even more, I think you might be able to pay it off 12 months interest free.

Of course these rebates are not offered on every tire, but if you time your tire purchases just right, and watch for these promotions, you can get very good deals there as well.

Originally Posted by jrvn
Can any other Tire dealer online equal the value that walmart offers.

Originally Posted by CARJ
I had no problem buying tires for my civic that were a different size.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72

I've had my local Walmart to enforce the tire size rule before until I needed tires for a vehicle that they were out of stock of.
So guess what they installed a size that wasn't on the door jam that worked just fine......depends who's calling the shots that day I suppose. But one thing for sure at Walmart your guaranteed to buy fresh tires. They sell tons and tons of tires

I ordered 4 tires off Walmart.com to be installed at the nearest TLE, but one tire got lost in shipment. It was kind of a pain dealing with WM to get the situation rectified. In the end, I just canceled everything. I luckily found the tires cheaper elsewhere and had a local shop install them. I don't really care for the lifetime rotate/balance WM offers since there's always a long line (they don't take appointments). 3 hr wait to rotate tires? No, thanks.

I've always had good luck with buying tires at Walmart. On my Buick Encore I special ordered some Uniroyal TigerPaws. Ordering and installation went well although there was some confusion as to whether I had to go to customer service desk, i.e. the front of the store and the tire center were a bit confused as to how I should ask for order. Only a few minutes of confusion and I've forgotten the details.

My tires are WalMart only General Exclaim HPX's-- in store stock since I had to replace a bubbled tire before a trip. Like these a lot, best Walmart only tire IMO.

My girlfriend's original Solus (31?) tires needed replacing and with tariffs on the horizon, she ordered some Starfire Solarus's which are priced like Chinese but (IIUC) made by Cooper in Mississippi. Very quiet tire, priced more than $100 per set cheaper than my Exclaims and if they hold up as well as the first few thousand miles indicate may be my choice for a replacement on my Soul. Ordering and installation went perfectly.

Originally Posted by csandste

My girlfriend's original Solus (31?) tires needed replacing and with tariffs on the horizon, she ordered some Starfire Solarus's which are priced like Chinese but (IIUC) made by Cooper in Mississippi.

Huh. I never knew they made any Starfires in the USA. The only really low cost tire brand I really knew that built tires in the USA was Douglas.

Originally Posted by KenshinHimura

Huh. I never knew they made any Starfires in the USA. The only really low cost tire brand I really knew that built tires in the USA was Douglas.

Mirada tires are made by Yokohama in Virginia. They have the same distinctive gray color Yokos have
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back