2010 Mahindra 2816 HST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received this tractor out of my parents estate. It is right at 10 years old and has been in the barn the whole time, unless it was working on the road with a Box Blade or mowing with a Brush Hog. It is in pristine condition. It also has a front end loader.

Now the bad..... It is ten years old and nothing (ZERO) maintenance has ever been done to the tractor. It only has 152 hours on it, but the manual called for a full round of filters and fluid at the 50 hour mark, every 200 hours after that.

So.... it's time to give it a little TLC.

From the best I can tell, there are four filters that need replacing: engine oil filter, hydrostatic drive filter, hydraulic filter and the fuel/water separator filter. Also from the best I can tell, the fluids to drain and replace are: engine oil, transmission fluid, front differential fluid.

I don't see any refer to a reservoir for standard hydraulic fluid. Does this tractor use the transmission fluid for the hydraulic components, like the front end loader?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The engine is a Mitsubishi 1.3L, 3 cylinder. I am guessing I will put about 50 hours on the tractor a year, mostly between mowing and snow removal. Maybe I am wrong, but it just seems silly to dump good HDEO annually. If I pour in some high quality synthetic for extended drain intervals, can my OCI's be two, three..... maybe even four years?

For the oil, is there any reason why I shouldn't pour in T6 5w40?

Also, I know nothing of hydrostatic drive fluids. Whatever I purchase will probably be picked up at my local Big R or Tractor Supply. What is general recommendation here?

I run Rotella 5W-40 and change at 100 hours, or roughly 2 years. The hydraulic system is the same for the HST and the implements. I run Chevron 1000 THF in mine. Be very careful about that fluid. Follow their recommendation explicitly and use fluid produced by a reputable manufacturer. Change the coolant. You could have some localized corrosion cells in the system from it sitting so much. I run Rotella Ultra ELC in all of my Diesels.

You should be fine and wouldn't be the first one to do this. Unless the oil comes out thick like tar it will be great. Those Mitsubishi diesels are great long running engines. Can't change the history but can change the future of fluid changes.

I just went by Big R and and all they sell is Harvest King Trans-Hydraulic Fluid. There are two types.... "For use in most applications" and "For use in CASEIII applications"

Guessing the one on the left, "for use in most applications" is the one I can use in the Mahindra.

Anyone have any opinions on this fluid?

[Linked Image]

I also see that Walmart has a THF they sell under their Super Tech label. Anyone know anything about this stuff?

[Linked Image]

I would be buying a hydraulic fluid that's listed in the manual.

Apparently Mobil 424 is a suitable replacement for Kubota UDT. My dealer has UDT for $18 a gallon so perhaps that would work.. Amazon has Mobil 424 as well. Seems $$$ though.

Ended up going this this stuff from Tractor Supply. After service, ran the tractor this afternoon and it operates excellent!

At least this stuff lists Mahindra on the back of the bottle.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back