Mobil1 Truck & SUV now available @ Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by Brojo
But you can get Rotella Gas Truck for less than half of that. Wonder how they compare on paper

It doesn't matter, how comparable on paper or comparable in test engines - - -

both will provide the maximum amount of protection expected from a "top-shelf" engine oil.

This is Bitog....of course it matters! LOL

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
My little SUV has a turbocharged engine.
Should I be buying M1 Truck & SUV or the upcoming M1 Turbo Power?
Maybe a jug of each and go 50/50??

Stout stuff in Signature now …

I might possibly run it again for the next change, depending upon the timing...don't want to mess with having 10W30 in the car during ski season, that's for sure. We will get down towards -30F overnight every so often and I will be out the door to ski by 7:30am the next morning...those are great days because I will end up owning the place due to the cold. No place to plug a heater in, either...

Originally Posted by Jesse_NE
The oil might be priced weird right now because retailers are just getting the product. The price will probably come down over the next few weeks, especially if Wal-Mart stocks it on store shelves. Don't freak out yet.

I think this might be the case. Walmart is just getting it in, and might be getting a little greedy. I don't think Mobil is suggesting that high of a retail price to start with. Meijer is carrying this oil, and they are pricing it at $35.

Originally Posted by SlavaB
$50 for 5qt
coffee2.gif

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-Truck-SUV-5W-30-5Qt/108197437

Their back at it again you would have thought their fail on AP would have taught them sompin.

Think the 5w30 could make a long run … but did not see any mileage claims … my guess is this will settle in around $28 like the "Roll Up" price of EP

0F4C2944-14FD-4986-943C-F2DDFDED9F1F.png

Originally Posted by 4WD
Think the 5w30 could make a long run … but did not see any mileage claims … my guess is this will settle in around $28 like the "Roll Up" price of EP

Could you go into a little more depth for the new guys (me lol) of your chart?

In our stores … AP seems to sell a hair better since roll back … but perhaps has drawn attention to EP … you will find the 0w20 EP gone at times … and doubt many run 15k … sense of security I reckon

Just means it has a similar amount of group IV base stock as the extended run offerings …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Just means it has a similar amount of group IV base stock as the extended run offerings …

Thank you!
blush.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
In our stores … AP seems to sell a hair better since roll back … but perhaps has drawn attention to EP … you will find the 0w20 EP gone at times … and doubt many run 15k … sense of security I reckon

I agree we see members here change top tier synthetics at 4K because the feeling it is spent.

If you call dropping their price to $35 a Sucksess. They had hundreds of bottles out when it was first introduced. Now they have three rows on one shelf that are 4 bottles deep for three weights of AP pretty Sucksessful.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
If you call dropping their price to $35 a Sucksess. They had hundreds of bottles out when it was first introduced. Now they have three rows on one shelf that are 4 bottles deep for three weights of AP pretty Sucksessful.

What I have seen at various Walmart stores is that the AP is up on the top shelf. Usually that is the last place you want a product. Eye level is best and usually for the best sellers.

The next step after top shelf is clearance and then it's gone. That may not mean that AP is going away but that it's not selling at Wally's.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

What I have seen at various Walmart stores is that the AP is up on the top shelf. Usually that is the last place you want a product. Eye level is best and usually for the best sellers.

The next step after top shelf is clearance and then it's gone. That may not mean that AP is going away but that it's not selling at Wally's.

This!

I'm gonna guess that Napa will have it on their upcoming flyer tomorrow, it's not updated yet but the oil is has a special price of $5.99 per qt on their website

3F0069B4-C439-4EEE-8FF2-938BCD43681D.png

So, who here is going to pay up and get a VOA from Black stoned?

I'd gladly do one at NAPA but this oil is pretty pricey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back