Your Drivers Ed car, if you took Drivers Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
!968 I took drivers ed in summer school. The car was a delta 88 and a VW square back with a stick shift. I knew how to drive a stick shift long before drivers ed so I had a great time.

'92 Pontiac Grand Am with a 4 Cylinder and Automatic Transmission. Our Driver's Ed program got new cars every year from the local Pontiac Dealer.

The high school provided a 1985 Dodge Lancer for Drivers Ed.

I took the actual DMV driving test in a Ford Bronco ll.

I had drivers ed. in early 1968, although I already had my license. They had 3 full size sedans, Ford Galaxy, Plymouth Fury and a Chevy Impala ( I think). The Chevy was a manual trans, as everyone had to be able to drive a stick to pass the course! The hill starts were hilarious with some of the students.

Originally Posted by Aichiguy
Chevy Vega 4 speed manual.

Did you pass the test if you could top the oil off properly?

A four door Dodge Aspen or Plymouth Volare. I don't recall which one it was. Rain on the first day of behind the wheel training. The back end came around a bit getting onto main street. I counter-steered and let off the throttle and gathered it up. The instructor asked if I'd been driving, and as most of us in our rural community, this was not the first time at the wheel.

I think I did 90 minutes of my required 6 hours behind the wheel and was given my pass on my 16th birthday.

Probably so he could spend more time in the car with cute 15 year old girls...

Yes, he was THAT guy.

I seem to remember that it was a mid-80s Pontiac 6000. Man, now that I think about it, we had some really ugly cars back then!
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back